Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Dimitrov should have won the first set, another match which went out of his hand, which is a standard for him. He's terrible in a match competition.

Fritz was better and better as that match was going. Good all-round game.

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Fritz at least won’t bendover to Djokovic... :/
??? Did you forget Fritz losing to Djokovic 6-3 6-0 just a few weeks ago? The guy is pathetic on clay. Dimitrov losing to this mug, doubt he can sink lower.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
??? Did you forget Fritz losing to Djokovic 6-3 6-0 just a few weeks ago? The guy is pathetic on clay. Dimitrov losing to this mug, doubt he can sink lower.
I’d completely forgotten that match. Yeah, Dimitrov couldn’t sink lower.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Dead career. I'm starting to feel bad for him which is surprising.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's all in his head, it's been for a few years, his body language is crap, he seems to suffer on court, you go watch that match he played vs Dimitrov here in 2013, was playing much more aggressive without fear of going for his shots now he is just a slicing bot with no serve no forehand, no backhand and still doublefaulting like crazy on important points. It all started when he won Cincinnati it seems, got to 3 in the world without even doing much and maybe that affected him, he also broke up with his gf recently, not that he was mentally strong when they were good tho. I don't know what to think of the reason of these shit results, I've lost all hope I had for him.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
It's all in his head, it's been for a few years, his body language is crap, he seems to suffer on court, you go watch that match he played vs Dimitrov here in 2013, was playing much more aggressive without fear of going for his shots now he is just a slicing bot with no serve no forehand, no backhand and still doublefaulting like crazy on important points. It all started when he won Cincinnati it seems, got to 3 in the world without even doing much and maybe that affected him, he also broke up with his gf recently, not that he was mentally strong when they were good tho. I don't know what to think of the reason of these shit results, I've lost all hope I had for him.
This. I was hoping Agassi would change his mindset, but havent seen much difference. He is way too defensive even on his forehand, there is no intent to build the point, its just a rally ball. He slices his backhand way too much has lost confidence with hitting it.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
It's gonna get worse before it gets better, if it ever does get better.
No DimiBOAT then? :confused: :haha: :no:

I've been so expecting it...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
OK, I am lost. I thought the 'he' was Dimitrov.... but if it was, are we to go watch the match Dimitrov played against himself in 2013? I guess it could have worn him out, constantly running to the other end to hit the ball?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Dimitrov is in a hole for a very long time and we can only guess if he will ever pull out of it. He knows best why he is performing like that, we can just speculate. Hopefully when his ranking soon is not enough for entering Masters main draws directly, he will start playing some ATP 250's to try and build some confidence instead of having a schedule resembling that of Rafa or Djokovic.

he also broke up with his gf recently
Source?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts