Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Undeserved win for Lopez. He was TOTALLY OUTPLAYED for first two sets. If It wasnt for Delbonis being mental midget It would have been easy win for him.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Too clutch Feli, just too clutch.
servebot thats all. how did he won a match on clay playing like shit from baseline? no idea.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Undeserved win for Lopez. He was TOTALLY OUTPLAYED for first two sets. If It wasnt for Delbonis being mental midget It would have been easy win for him.
Delbonis suffered from playing in the center court against a Madrid guy.

servebot thats all. how did he won a match on clay playing like shit from baseline? no idea.
Madrid clay is perfect for the servebots, it's really really fast clay.

If it was RG, Feli would have lose, because like you said, Feli is shit from the baseline.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Del Bonis is up and down player and always will be.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Fede :sad:

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Terrible result. Lopez has turned into a weak servebot-erratic pusher hybrid this year yet he keeps getting decentish results due to lucky draws all year. Hopefully Youzhny beats him in the next round.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
last match to give me some $$ and of course he have to choke it...

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Terrible result. Lopez has turned into a weak servebot-erratic pusher hybrid this year yet he keeps getting decentish results due to lucky draws all year. Hopefully Youzhny beats him in the next round.
Bet your house on it, Lopez is having a terrific season and if I recall correctly his greater victories are against Querrey, Kukushkin and Mannarino (he beat ERV as well but the Frenchman went to the tournament only for the check). In fact, it is safe to say that this victory is the biggest of his season. After Eastbourne his ranking will drop.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Delbonis doing his best Federer imitation. 1/14 bp, ffs. First game of the third he had six, I think. At least Colonel has a shot next round.

·
23,063 Posts
The more experienced (and a lot more clutch, and super serving) player won. Delbonis actually choked the 1st Set big time -- only lost 8 points on serve, won 43 to Feli's 41 I think, but never actually I think had a minibreak at the Tiebreak -- lost 7-4. Wasted 6 BPs that probably put pressure on him. 2nd Set was better with Delbonis finally able to break Lopez and only lost 4 points on served (compared to Lopez' 11). In the 3rd Set it was like Delbonis had the momentum but for some reason cannot convert another 6 BPs on a single game (my stream is laggy whether Lopez was clutch or Delbonis was not controlling the important points well) -- while he did hold you could see that his resolve seemed to be waning. Had a 15-40 on one game and at that time I think he just can't fend them off and got broken. Got broken serving for the match too. Lopez based on the stats though was the aggressor (hence probably the cause of more loss of return points, although he was clutch in his aces) but I thought he was really pushing the servebot role here -- 18 aces he had done, 9 in the 1st Set alone. I felt he wasn't returning well and was there for the taking. But as I said -- Lopez knows how to play these points more than Delbonis hence the score. Tough loss especially he has chances against Youzhny.

The 1st Set Anomaly:
Delbonis - 75% FS, 85% FSW, 55% SSW, 0/6 BPC, 43 Total Points
Lopez - 66% FS, 78% FSW, 50% SSW, 0/0 BPC, 9 Aces, 41 Total Points
Delbonis Lost Set 7-4 while serving first, meaning it is possibly a single minibreak.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
1/14 :facepalm: nice summary

well done deliciano, i guess

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Lopez is slicing everything, even forehand. Painful to watch him.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts