Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
And so what happened, how did Young injure himself, only watched the second set and it was clear something was wrong with Young?

·
Registered
12,266 Posts
Back injury for the Don. He took a MTO before Dimitrov's serve at 5-4, first set and had it treated again after Dimitrov won the set.
After that, he couldn't really stretch in any direction, forehand, backhand, or to lift up on serve. Grigor made sure that he stretched him, and retirement made sense.

Get well soon Donald.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Bring it Home
20,485 Posts
Those who like to watch W-UE ratio and say a player was good or bad surely will say Dimitrov played well, since his ratio was well positive even before Young got hurt.

Wasn't the case, he was playing too passive on break points (only broke in the 4th opportunity) as usual and still almost found a way to break himself.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Dimitrov was mighty impressive, if you ask me. I couldn't care less about his clown opponent was injured or not. It's irreverent anyway considering talent and level of play Dimitrov capable of producing!

Dimitrov to make semis in Madrid, book it.

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts
Dimitrov was mighty impressive, if you ask me. I couldn't care less about his clown opponent was injured or not. It's irreverent anyway considering talent and level of play Dimitrov capable of producing!

Dimitrov to make semis in Madrid, book it.
:superlol::superlol:

NID Young fails to break from 0-40 only to get broken next game like a mug. Classic definition of NID. Add to the fact he got injured and you get another disgusting win for this pusher.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

NID Young fails to break from 0-40 only to get broken next game like a mug. Classic definition of NID. Add to the fact he got injured and you get another disgusting win for this pusher.
23 winners to 10 errors.

Mighty pusher this Dimitrov..

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts
23 winners to 10 errors.

Mighty pusher this Dimitrov..
And? Pretty clearly Young got injured in the 2nd. Save you're fanboy comments when he might actually beat decent opponents.:lol::lol:

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
And? Pretty clearly Young got injured in the 2nd. Save you're fanboy comments when he might actually beat decent opponents.:lol::lol:
Now your have lost point about him being "pusher", what is your next argument?

Lame excuse of opponent being injured? I can show you several matches against Top players in which Grigor maintained positive W-E stats and defeated them occasionally. He's definitely not a pusher. Try again.

As far as your argument about him beating decent opponent is concerned, it's purely subjective analysis.. He has beaten several top players including most notable humiliation of defending Wimbledon champion Murray in front of his home crowd. It's something Federer, Djoker couldn't do. I'm sure he will beat many decent opponents in future too but every time, haters like you will find the way to prove his opponent was "semi decent", "Mug", "Injured" etc. I can't help you more.

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts
Now your have lost point about him being "pusher", what is your next argument?

Lame excuse of opponent being injured? I can show you several matches against Top players in which Grigor maintained positive W-E stats and defeated them occasionally. He's definitely not a pusher. Try again.

As far as your argument about him beating decent opponent is concerned, it's purely subjective analysis.. He has beaten several top players including most notable humiliation of defending Wimbledon champion Murray in front of his home crowd. It's something Federer, Djoker couldn't do. I'm sure he will beat many decent opponents in future too but every time, haters like you will find the way to prove his opponent was "semi decent", "Mug", "Injured" etc. I can't help you more.
I tried to take your post serious but that bold part should say to you to give up watching tennis because you clearly have no clue. Federer and Djoko couldn't do? Did they faced 2014 Murray do you even know how he played in 2012 and 2013? Do you even know Federer beat a 3x better Murray in Wimbledon? This is one of the main attraction i can't stand the guy, the Diva tards make me sick just by reading half of the comments.

Do you even know what pushing means? Did you saw that 0-40 hole on his serve? Young self distructed, Diva waiting like a fraud untill an easy shot occured, mostly just waiting for errors or miss they're shots. If you want pure shotmaking with clear should go watch Federer even in his last years playing way far from his prime is still striking a ball and trying to put himself in position to win the point. Each time i watch Diva he's on the back foot untill his opponent strikes the ball bad which results in error or easy shots to Pushertrov.

·
Registered
367 Posts

Haha, obvious you watched only the score, not the play :)
It was never 0-40. They made a mistake of counting a clean winner for Dimi as a point for Young and managed to fix that only after it got to 30-30.

·
Bring it Home
20,485 Posts
Dimitrov wasn't 0-40 on the serve, he played a bad service game, but was 30-40 and Young missed the return.

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts
Haha, obvious you watched only the score, not the play :)
It was never 0-40. They made a mistake of counting a clean winner for Dimi as a point for Young and managed to fix that only after it got to 30-30.
Never said i watched :shrug::shrug: But from his old matches i saw he always responded to the BP's with pushing or good serve which i assume today was no different.

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Never said i watched :shrug::shrug: But from his old matches i saw he always responded to the BP's with pushing or good serve which i assume today was no different.
Yes, he was indeed relying on a good serve but that's what everyone wants when facing BPs. We can't say about pushing at BPs because he was serving very well today.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I tried to take your post serious but that bold part should say to you to give up watching tennis because you clearly have no clue. Federer and Djoko couldn't do? Did they faced 2014 Murray do you even know how he played in 2012 and 2013? Do you even know Federer beat a 3x better Murray in Wimbledon? This is one of the main attraction i can't stand the guy, the Diva tards make me sick just by reading half of the comments
When was last time Federer or Djoker defeated Murray in straights at Wimbledon? Never! Federer defeated in four while Djoker embarrassingly got straight setted by Murray both time he faced at SW 19.

Murray played 3× better tennis in 2013? :lol: I just remember you, he was 0-2 down again Verdasco and only survived due to Chokedasco made appearance in rest of the match. Dimitrov also took 2-0 lead in QF but he was good enough mentally to finish him straights without folding unlike Verdasco. Only significant difference between Murray's 2013 and 14 Wimbledon runs I could see is non choking QF opponent. If Dimitrov was there instead of Verdasco a year earlier, I'm quite sure we would have never heard about Peak Murray 2.0 horseshit
Do you even know what pushing means? Did you saw that 0-40 hole on his serve? Young self distructed, Diva waiting like a fraud untill an easy shot occured, mostly just waiting for errors or miss they're shots. If you want pure shotmaking with clear should go watch Federer even in his last years playing way far from his prime is still striking a ball and trying to put himself in position to win the point. Each time i watch Diva he's on the back foot untill his opponent strikes the ball bad which results in error or easy shots to Pushertrov.
Who claimed that he's as good ball striker as Federer? Just leave that "BabyFed" shit behind.. He definitely not with the level of Federer but still he's good shot maker and not definitely not pusher at least.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts