Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thiem somehow lost the first set after leading 5**-2 in the tiebreak, but recovered well in the remaining sets.

He plays Matosevic next for a place in the main draw.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
ooooooooooof. Well, it was nervy for a moment, but it's done and dusted. One more win, and then hoping for Youzhny/Rusty in R1.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
he made it more difficult then he needed to be but, as the op said recovered well from the choke in the tie break to win in the end

he also saved a break point down 2-3 in the 3rd set and broke next game

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
LOL at needing 3 sets to beat a player who just played 6 matches in the last week, being the last one a 3 setter yesterday, against Berdych, in Portugal...

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
LOL at needing 3 sets to beat a player who just played 6 matches in the last week, being the last one a 3 setter yesterday, against Berdych, in Portugal...
mayer is still a very good clay court player and this was never going to be easy for dom. that being said, based on how the match did go , yeah, dom should have won in 2

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
mayer is still a very good clay court player and this was never going to be easy for dom. that being said, based on how the match did go , yeah, dom should have won in 2
Indeed, which makes me think he would have won this match quite easily, if he was in decent shape. I am surprised he decided to play here, to be honest.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
ooooooooooof. Well, it was nervy for a moment, but it's done and dusted. One more win, and then hoping for Youzhny/Rusty in R1.
Tursunov doesn't even seem to care about winning games anymore so I'd pick him for Thiem. Then again, Tomic - Tursunov could be hilarious.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
what would have happened if mayer had beat the bird?, does he skip madrid?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts