Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awesome! Roberto "The Metronome" Bautista-Agut will be seeded in Roland Garros, thanks to this win and deep run in Madrid (and excellent 2014, so far).

He semi-routined Giraldo, who had little to no answer to RBA's variety and precision. Ok, Bautista-Agut sometimes lacks power in his shots, but the precision in them is really impressive and does the work.

Also, Giraldo tried to fool the umpire on multiple occasions, with wrong marks for instance. He's quite terrible under pressure, isn't he?

To all those who have been denying RBA and the near 85% of voters in the WWW thread: :bigwave:

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
Madrid QF: Bautista Agut def. Giraldo 6-3 6-4

RBA saved quite a lot of BPs here in the second set, Giraldo maybe could have taken a set if he didn't get so tight and cry to the umpire as always.

RBA is really growing on me though, Giraldo was playing really well in the second and times but he kept his cool impressively well. Only blemish was his questionable volleying in the second but this is a great reward for him.

·
Registered
21,225 Posts
Re: Madrid QF: Bautista Agut def. Giraldo 6-3 6-4

Shame, Bautista Agut is a very bland player. Giraldo is a bit of an eyesore to me, but at least he's somewhat unique.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts

Decided on the bps and Giraldo's crap first serve returns. Otherwise pretty much as even as you'd expect.

RBA seemed to be getting very nervous after he got the break in the second, but kept his head on the bps.

·
Registered
21,395 Posts
You know that nickname is not going to catch on, right?

Anyway, great for RBA, really fun guy to watch despite having no charisma. Giraldo rightfully knocked out for having the audacity to wear that shirt.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Don't know why but i can't like Bautista no matter how hard i try :(

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Shame, Bautista Agut is a very bland player. Giraldo is a bit of an eyesore to me, but at least he's somewhat unique.
Not at all. His game is pretty unique and varied to the max. A real change for a spaniard.

People whine about spanish tennis being homogenic and once a decent player with a different game-style pop up, he gets trashed. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know that nickname is not going to catch on, right?

Anyway, great for RBA, really fun guy to watch despite having no charisma. Giraldo rightfully knocked out for having the audacity to wear that shirt.
I don't care. That's how I like to call him.

·
Registered
283 Posts

Good win for Bautista, Giraldo begging the umpire to rule in his favor was pretty unsightly. Nevertheless, these two guys have good potential to do very well in the future.

·
Registered
9,394 Posts

Not at all. His game is pretty unique and varied to the max. A real change for a spaniard.

People whine about spanish tennis being homogenic and once a decent player with a different game-style pop up, he gets trashed. :rolleyes:
His backhand is nothing special but yeah, aside from that he's good to watch on clay imo.

Would rather him than a brainless gimp like Giraldo.

·
Registered
21,395 Posts
This RBA guy is really irritating me. He has normal game,but i hate him. I really don't know why i hate him.
The Gulbis incident programmed people to think that way. While it was a case of Gulbis being a douche, not the other way around.

Reminds me a bit of how Robredo got hated here.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts