3 down, 2 to go.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Beat down city

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
I've seen a few of Nishikori's matches recently and I think I've been watching a future World No. 1.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
magnificent

·
29,699 Posts
Donkey punching that. Nishikori simply belted Ferrer off the court and there was nothing the Spaniard could do. Will he get the title he was robbed of last year, this time?

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Fantastic tennis from Nishikori there. Murray-Nishikori is going to be quite juicy :drool:

·
Registered
21,905 Posts

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Awful 1st set by both. Kei was playing with wrong racquet, i think.
After early breaks in 2nd set, Kei played amazing tennis. So many winners.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
It's a shame Vulture wouldn't know talent if it danced naked in front of him, otherwise this would have been a really valuable lesson for him. School was truly in session.

Dedicated to Slade, hope you enjoyed seeing delusions ended by fate :D

·
Premium Member
Stan Wawrinka
4,445 Posts
This result shows 3 things:
- Nishikori is a very good and consistent player. I can easily see him in Top 3 for many many years.
- Ferrers best times are maybe over. That Andujar loss. That match yesterday. And today as well...
- Goffin was so close and plays really good on clay.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Absolutely masterful performance in the 2nd set, started off very tight (as he usually does) and again still has trouble serving out sets but all in all, Nishikori is going to be a very very difficult match for Murray. I think Ferrer's accepted that Nishikori's just better, you can tell at the handshake.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
55,228 Posts
Inspiring stuff. Perhaps not the sharpest Kei has been but the easiest win over Ferrer in a while since AO2015. No more than 75 minutes needed.
Stats tell it all. Ferrer unable to do anything to put Nishikori on the back foot. Despite being broken one in each set, Nishikori played a very controlled match. Crucial moment serving for first set *5-4, saved 2 BPs down 15-40 with 2 big first serves.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Beautiful performance from Kei, especially in the 2nd set. Bossing the rallies and ripping that backhand :worship:. I hope he keeps it up and reaches the final again but this year does one better than last year :).

1 - 20 of 69 Posts