Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
If there's any justice in the world Thiem will draw Hewitt, Tursunov or Youzhny :lol:

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Madrid FQR: Thiem def. Matosevic 6-4, 6-4

Qualifying king does it again. Routine win here, not much else to say. Great serving from dom too and no lapses in concentration

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Re: Madrid FQR: Thiem def. Matosevic 6-4, 6-4

Main draw again, well done Dominic! Today his serving stats looked great, no break points faced, high % of 1st and 2nd serves won, almost 70% of the serves landed inside the service box. Matosevic is not a mug despite the fact that this was clay, credit to Dominic. Now good luck in the main draw, I hope he meets Tursunov!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Re: Madrid FQR: Thiem def. Matosevic 6-4 6-4 (Matosevic in as LL in Djokovic's place)

How do you know it is Matosevic who gets Djokovic's LL place?

·
Rankings Master
15,648 Posts
Re: Madrid FQR: Thiem def. Matosevic 6-4 6-4 (Matosevic in as LL in Djokovic's place)

Wrong.

When a player withdraws before the last qualifying match, all spots in the main draw are treated equally between Lucky Loser and Qualifier.

It is not guaranteed that Matosevic gets the Djokovic spots.

·
Registered
21,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apologize for making me look bad in front of Uncle Slasher, emotion.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

·
Registered
21,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dominic against Tursunov, excellent!

Would be fun to see him against Wawrinka in the second round.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
7th time qualifying for a main draw this year. :banana:

Re the draw, Tursonov is a nice R1, although R2 gives me a dilemma. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Dominic against Tursunov, excellent!

Would be fun to see him against Wawrinka in the second round.
Thiem is an extremely dangerous first opponent, that's for sure. And if he did somehow GOAT his way past Stan, the path ahead would be very favorable.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
well done thiem. he can really beat tursunov now, indeed he should beat him. come on

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Thiem is an extremely dangerous first opponent, that's for sure. And if he did somehow GOAT his way past Stan, the path ahead would be very favorable.
i dont know..i could see dom testing stan if stan is off a little. However if stanimal is here then i would invision stan defeating dom with a scoreline very similar to what serena did to bencic today..maybe a few more games for dom

·
Registered
21,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
6:4, 6:4 against Marinko Matosevic. We knew before the match that the loser will be a lucky loser. But it didn't change anything. The match was good, I was really happy with my serve again. Not broken in the whole match for the second match in a row ;). Tomorrow I play Dimitry Tursunov. An extremely aggressive player, loves to take a lot of risk. The fast courts and the altitude might suit his game so he should be extra dangerous here. But I have an extra motivation: The winner plays Stan Wawrinka in the second round. Would be a dream! :)
Surely Tursunov can't ruin the guy's dream :mad:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts