Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Better team won. Marcin was below average, if not dire. :( :( I mean, come on, two smashes straight to the net...

Mergea proves again how big underachiever he is. And with Rohan's serving performance like today they almost blew it.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Saved 1 MP as well :D.

Thriller MTB :eek: . *6-0 to *7-7 and *8-9 where Matkowski's return was about 2-3cm Out.

But Bopanna/Mergea won in the end. First title for the new team. First Masters for Mergea. First clay tournament for Bopanna :woohoo:.

Best of congrats !!!

·
MONSOON season.
82,480 Posts
This team is doing really well :eek: :yeah:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

Highlights : HERE ;)

A few other points (Highlights) + Trophy Ceremony & English Speeches (winner team) : HERE ;)

Post match Interview with the winners (Romanian & English) : HERE ;)

And from ATP:

"We are very happy," said Bopanna. "It's a great title for us, winning on the clay. Especially for me, because it's my first title on the clay. Playing with a guy like Florin, he's a good friend and I've known him for a long time, so it's nice to get a title with him."

"We've been working really hard and we believe in ourselves," said Mergea. "We know what to do on the court to win these matches. Obviously, at some point, luck can come into the equation, but we've kept our heads down and believed in ourselves. We played our best tennis each day and we got the title in the end. So it's been a great week for us here."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2015/05/18/Madrid-Sunday-Doubles-Bopanna-Mergea.aspx

·
Registered
19,417 Posts
WOW ! I'm surprised and happy for them at the same time. Surprised not because I didn't know how good they are and what they are capable of but surprised because of the disappointing loses in Casablanca and Bucharest prior to this

Congrats and many more to come !

·
Registered
824 Posts
Good for Bopanna. Needs have some rugged partnership. He has always stopped playing with good partners, when they can win a Grand Slam. Like Aisam, Bhupathi, Roger Vasselin. Hope this partnership continues, and more than anything should work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts