Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
61,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shapovalov just has no idea what he's doing out there. He seemed to be making some improvements in actually constructing points when he first hired Youzhny, but he's gone back to just reckless, brain-dead attempting winners every other shot.

·
Registered
142 Posts
At the end of the season Raonic will be top ranked Canadian, mark my words.
Hard to say. There is no thread on this but his win against Lajovic yesterday was pretty impressive - easy 6-1, 6-3 win. I thought his “A”game was back. His serve was horrific today. 14 double faults and 5 in one game in the first set. The fact that he took it to three close sets is really a testament to the rest of his game holding up way better today than his serve.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
It's shocking how the Canadian armada is flopping so badly now, Raonic, Felix, Shapo all seem to have stagnated. and possibly hit their ceilings. Shocking.

Reactions: oasis66

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Once Thiem was just as brainless ballbasher.But with Massu he found his game and learned to control himself.

Maybe this mug one day will also find himself?

·
Registered
21,954 Posts
Maybe Pospisil could be the only Canadian who has still something more left in him. We'll see, but current FAA and Shapo just can't hold their supposed place.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
He had surgery on his knee right after the AO. Funny thing about the Raonic Djokovic match is that Raonic was the injured player and Djokovic was acting for a documentary. The surgery was supposed to be pretty minor though.
I do not tolerate this hint against a clearly injured player. This kind of accusation is not acceptable here. The moderators are informed because it is against the rules. Very bad.

Reactions: steni

·
Registered
14,054 Posts
where is Raonic, anyway? He injured?
Raonic doesn't really play on clay anymore. Requires him to play too physical a style of tennis which results in injuries. He's only had two clay matches since May 2018 (both last fall in Rome, with the second one resulting in an injury that made him miss RG). There's a chance he won't play until the grass, he actually hasn't played RG since 2017.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
No one cares about what you do and don’t tolerate.
MTF rules maker do. You are wrong on that one. I am only refering to what their rulebook does not tolerate.

·
Registered
313 Posts
One of his fans once said he had a million shots. A pity they also go a miliion times out.

Seriously. I once though he could be the ATP Kvitova. He wished. He has one of the lowest tennis IQ I ever seen from a player supposedly to become a GS winner, etc, etc... Also he always says he's improving, playing better, etc... like since forever. I think he might be in denial about having hit a wall with his brand of all bashing with no margins tennis.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts