Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The indoor run continues for David. After what was, I dare to say, dissapointing performance in Vienna, I certainly do hope that David recovers (mainly mentally, because I see that this is probably his biggest disadvantage). Last year he reached the semifinals, but I don't know if he'll defend that points. :confused: I don't want to say that he won't because David is sometimes like the weather, but... ah, well, I'm optimistic. :)

C'mon David, wake up, tennis is waiting for ya! :wavey:

VAMOS DAVID!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
David's playing doubles with Guillermo Canas! :) Their first round opponents are Gustavo Kuerten and Carlos Moya!

VAMOS DAVID!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As krystlel wrote, first round match versus Arnaud Clement, if he gets to the second then Berdych, possible opponents for the winner of this match include Robredo, Starace or Del Potro (probably Robredo), this quarter of the draw then includes Nadal, Murray, Baghdatis, Stepanek and Chela. I'm very curious what round will David reach and what tennis will he play, and I'm looking forward to seeing him on TV. :)

VAMOS DAVID! :worship:

(please, wake up)

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
David will lose to Clement :haha: if he can beat him.. ( i dont think so, berdych, should be easy)

for me is easier Berdych than Clement who has been playing great lately! So.. VAMOS DAVID!!

And NO, he wont defend the points for sure

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
And NO, he wont defend the points for sure
David is really lost when even you are saying that he won't defend his points. :lol: But I agree, he has a tough draw and any match he is going to win is more then I expect. Maybe playing doubles is good for him, he needs to find the fun in playing again and he needs all the time on the court that he can get. But we've been saying that for years...the guy doesn't want to put in the efford and right now he's getting what he deserves for that. It's sad though because when the tennis is right I still love to see that man play.
Enough ramblings, vamos Nalby!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Canas/Nalbandian def. Kuerten/Moya 6-3 4-6 12-10

Good. The more matches (singles or doubles, he'll get used to the court speed) plays (and it would be good if he won them), the higher chance it is that he will recover and started playing the Nalbandian tennis. :worship:

VAMOS DAVID!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Well, it was a Nalby match but he won. And I noticed that he served 14 aces in the match. That's pretty damn good for him. Clement down, now let's go and get Berdych. Good job, Nalby. :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nalbandian beat. Clement 5-7 6-2 6-4

Didn't see the match, but pretty decent opener against Clement. Next match against Berdych. I hope David plays his best in the rest of the tournament. :worship:

VAMOS DAVID!

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
David :yeah: :hug:
Next Berdych:unsure:
Please beat him David :rocker2:

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
:yeah: GOOD Job David.

I only saw the last set - too early to wake up and I'm glad I didn't. I would have been pretty mad if I woke up to see what sounded like a melt down in the 1st set.

BUT he got his act together and won! And if I remember correctly, he served out the match on the first chance - didn't crumble as apparently he did in the 1st set.

Now for Berdych! VAMOS David. It will be tough but you can do it!!!

1 - 20 of 191 Posts