Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok since MTW isn't up to her usual rants, I am gonna do this for her....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7157409.stm
Tony Blair joins Catholic Church

Tony Blair visited Pope Benedict XVI at the Vatican in June

Former Prime Minister Tony Blair has left the Anglican Church to become a Roman Catholic.
His wife and children are already Catholic and there had been speculation he would convert after leaving office.
Cardinal Cormac Murphy O'Connor, who led the service to welcome Mr Blair, said he was "very glad" to do so.
But ex-Tory minister Ann Widdecombe - herself a Catholic convert - said Mr Blair's voting record as an MP had often "gone against church teaching".
Last year, Mr Blair, who is now a Middle East peace envoy, said he had prayed to God when deciding whether or not to send UK troops into Iraq.
And one of Mr Blair's final official trips while prime minister was a visit to the Vatican in June where he met Pope Benedict XVI.
'Regular worshipper'
I am ashamed and horrified that this mass murderer, responsible for the death of 650 000 innocent Iraqis is allowed to join our church. Him and Bush and the Americans( This is mtw so Bush and USA have to be included) are very very bad people. People who kill for oil shouldn't be going to church at all, they are satanists! Such people shouldn't be associated with Catholicism. This is a dark day indeed...........

·
RAVE ON
19,730 Posts
Che Guevara was a Catholic, no? They accept all kinds of murderers, apparently.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Isn't that the whole point? No matter what horrible atrocities you commit, as long as you ask for forgiveness it's all good...

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Tony Blair's wife is Catholic. His children have all been bought up in the Catholic faith. The only reason he didn't make his "conversion" pubic while he was in office, is because the UK is still a Protestant country, and there are still lots of archaic laws against Catholics (for example involving the Royal family), and he thought, somewhat mistakenly, that people here might object. But basically we don't give a ****. Who cares? Most people here think religion is all b******* anyway. His religion and his personal life is his business :shrug:

And anyway - where is mtw? :awww: I kind of miss her rants - they make me laugh!

Reactions: Jim Jones

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
we don't give a ****. Who cares? Most people here think religion is all b******* anyway. His religion and his personal life is his business :shrug:
Right now it may not be important but it is very important that when he was PM and it was far from clear quite how religious he was at the time. I disagree with you completely, most people DO care that our PM was going to war in the middle east and praying to God about this. I mean in England I think it is no coincidence that this didn't come out till after his departure, nobody who I have discussed it with has been thrilled to understand this. It is one of the major criticisms of Bush and its arguable that Western government cannot be influenced to that extent by the personal religious views of the person in charge.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I don't give a shit about that. It's his problem, even if he joined to Scientology....nah that would be a big headline:devil:

·
Registered
18,809 Posts
he was marxist, and Marx and religion don't walk hand in hand

Reactions: Jim Jones

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Perhaps he feels guilty of many deaths and wants an absolution :shrug:
He will never get the absolution. He should stop to delude himself. Can you imagine for instance a confession:
a teenager: ,,I took antibaby pills,, Priest: no absolution
Blair: ,, I killed some persons,, Priest: ,, how many?,, Blair : ,,750 000,, in Iraq and what about Afghanistan? And what about dr. Kelly? Giving absolution for such man as Blair would be sacrilage and it is mortal sin for priest, who would give absolution for such man. Of course J. Christ forgave for villain, but it was villain ( maybe a tief, a person, who robbed somebody, or beated somebody up,or soemthing alike ). This villain was not genocide. Sorry. Blair had his own time, just these 8 years of his hopless rules and he scuppered all. He would do something in this time to prevent genocide. His even frankest sorrow will not change anything. He killed with premeditation 750000 and more people. Every heaven is closed for such people as he. He had money, he had power and he had his five minutes in this life, whe he could be a human being. not it is too late.
Besides Hitler, Videla, Pinochet were Catholics too. Do you think that these criminals and genocides see God too? No way.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Kinda suspected that. Fidel would not have approved.
At least Che Guevara went to the battles, Blair and Bush send inocent people to Irak and they win $$$$$$$$$ with oil and they are in their confortable home.

Che Guevara was a great man

The other 2 cowards no.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Ok since MTW isn't up to her usual rants, I am gonna do this for her....

I am ashamed and horrified that this mass murderer, responsible for the death of 650 000 innocent Iraqis is allowed to join our church. Him and Bush and the Americans( This is mtw so Bush and USA have to be included) are very very bad people. People who kill for oil shouldn't be going to church at all, they are satanists! Such people shouldn't be associated with Catholicism. This is a dark day indeed...........
Mark 2:17

And hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Even Saul became St. Paul.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He will never get the absolution. He should stop to delude himself. Can you imagine for instance a confession:
a teenager: ,,I took antibaby pills,, Priest: no absolution
Blair: ,, I killed some persons,, Priest: ,, how many?,, Blair : ,,750 000,, in Iraq and what about Afghanistan? And what about dr. Kelly? Giving absolution for such man as Blair would be sacrilage and it is mortal sin for priest, who would give absolution for such man. Of course J. Christ forgave for villain, but it was villain ( maybe a tief, a person, who robbed somebody, or beated somebody up,or soemthing alike ). This villain was not genocide. Sorry. Blair had his own time, just these 8 years of his hopless rules and he scuppered all. He would do something in this time to prevent genocide. His even frankest sorrow will not change anything. He killed with premeditation 750000 and more people. Every heaven is closed for such people as he. He had money, he had power and he had his five minutes in this life, when he could be a human being. now it is too late.
Besides Hitler, Videla, Pinochet were Catholics too. Do you think that these criminals and genocides see God too? No way.
:worship::worship:What took you so long girl?? Quite some gold you present there. I thought your bible said every sin can be forgiven as long as one asked for forgiveness??;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts