Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21,297 Posts
It was interesting to read at the time that Roger Draper was utilising his power to obtain LTA grants despite his £500,000 + salary.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Hope it is nothing too bad, have been following Jack for a long time now and he has a really nice game with lots of potential. Already one of my favorite players tbh

·
Your visions will happen
47,304 Posts
Hope it is not a bad injury, but it looks like a wuss move from a rich entitled kid

What the fuck else is new in tennis

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Retirement at 61 52 is not showing a good sportsmanship from this kid.
I hope he is not another brat from Australia.
Hope it is not a bad injury, but it looks like a wuss move from a rich entitled kid

Did either of you see what happened to cause his retirement? If not, then maybe you should wait until you know that it was bad sportsmanship or a 'wuss move' before condemning him.

BTW, he's British, not Australian

·
Your visions will happen
47,304 Posts
Did either of you see what happened to cause his retirement? If not, then maybe you should wait until you know that it was bad sportsmanship or a 'wuss move' before condemning him.

BTW, he's British, not Australian
I already said I hope it's not a bad injury, something that forces him not to be able to finish even one more game

But 99% of the time in this situation, it is a sore loser move. I'd like to know the whole story. Draper has had many advantages in his life for tennis what with his father being rich and the head of the LTA for a time, and I want to know if he will actually be a good champion or just another brat

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I already said I hope it's not a bad injury, something that forces him not to be able to finish even one more game

But 99% of the time in this situation, it is a sore loser move. I'd like to know the whole story. Draper has had many advantages in his life for tennis what with his father being rich and the head of the LTA for a time, and I want to know if he will actually be a good champion or just another brat
If he was really that rich he would have bought some WCs already lmao, he isn’t a brat and will be a good champion soon

·
Your visions will happen
47,304 Posts
If he was really that rich he would have bought some WCs already lmao, he isn’t a brat and will be a good champion soon
He played 8 of his first 10 pro events including Wimbledon Q with WC before he got enough points for direct

Most players don't get such a favorable start but then again most players don't have a father in such a high place

Nothing you said assures me he is not a brat

·
Your visions will happen
47,304 Posts
100% sure he isn’t a brad but if you want to have an opinion without actually knowing him then fine go ahead
Nobody ever truly knows anybody. Evidence speaks just as loud as lack of evidence. When you've been in this game as long as I have and encountered as many players like him as I have, my first intuition is almost always right. And it is from this lens that I will view him. If he does something to change my view, ok. If he doesn't, then I was right all along.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Nobody ever truly knows anybody. Evidence speaks just as loud as lack of evidence. When you've been in this game as long as I have and encountered as many players like him as I have, my first intuition is almost always right. And it is from this lens that I will view him. If he does something to change my view, ok. If he doesn't, then I was right all along.

So you are gonna dislike someone just because he got a few WCs into small events and one big one? Lmao, have fun disliking all the players on tour then because everyone has/had to start somewhere.

·
Your visions will happen
47,304 Posts
So you are gonna dislike someone just because he got a few WCs into small events and one big one? Lmao, have fun disliking all the players on tour then because everyone has/had to start somewhere.
Clearly I'm speaking to a brick wall so I'm gonna stop wasting my time

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

He has pulled out of all his tournaments since this so it isn’t a wuss move from a rich entitled kid

1 - 16 of 16 Posts