Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More talented player with the better Fh technique won.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Are you referring to Fritz because Paire's backhand is top 10 on the tour.
I am sure he's even in more awe of Fritz's movement, which puts Monfils' to shame. ;)

Jokes aside, Paire's FH wasn't that much of a liability yesterday. Shapovalov didn't do enough to exploit it. Partially as a lefty, partially because tactically he's not very savvy. Today I doubt it mattered. Probably all he needed was his drop shots making it over the net. Based on the scoreline I assume they did.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Paire made some ridiculous shots in this match, why Fritz was favourite before this match I will never understand, bizzare.
Yes and after the win over fragile Shapolav, there was a quick interview of Benoit Paire and he sounded unusually confident about the match against Taylor Fritz, basically saying "it is a winnable match for me", so not surprised at all with this result.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Paire really played well in this match. I enjoyed watching him play today. I can't always say I enjoy Paire, but today I certainly did!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
These guys are few and missed on the tour, like this Paire. Guys like Fog, Dolgo or Kholy. Those surviving on pure talent (classic sense) alone, no superior athleticism, nor power, mental strength, pushing tactics abilities or physical advantage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts