Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
5,793 Posts
Gicquel saved two match points at 6-4 in the tiebreak. Great fight from him and he surprisingly defends his final here from a year ago.

· Registered
7,060 Posts
Crappy match but what a fighting spirit from Marco !! :worship:

This first match point saved !!!! :eek:

· Registered
17,291 Posts
Shaky match from Marc, he was playing much better in the first rounds, Falla looked actually like the better player in the 3rd set (I didn't see the rest). I was nicely surprised by him this week.
But what a fight of Marc in the TB. :yeah: That must feel incredible to save MP that way at your home event.

· Registered
11,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shaky match from Marc, he was playing much better in the first rounds, Falla looked actually like the better player in the 3rd set (I didn't see the rest).
But what a fight at the end indeed. :yeah:
Agreed, Falla was the better player in the 3rd set but you have to give it to Gicquel's determination.

· Registered
343 Posts
Falla :hug:

"It was a great tournament for me", a dejected Falla said. "I was one ball away from the final; it's a shame, but nothing I could do. He made a great point at 6-4, the match point. I went for the point, I was looking for the match. I have to look forward because it was a big tournament for me. I am back in the top 100 so that's a positive thing."

Source: http://www.inside-tennis.net/tennis-news_3122_Lyon-Houdini-Gicquel-into-Lyon-final-again.html

Poor Falla. You have feel for the guy, so close to his 1st ATP final.

· Registered
10,479 Posts
But what a fight of Marc in the TB. :yeah: That must feel incredible to save MP that way at your home event.
It would be great and hillarious if he won the tournament now :)

:rocker2:

· Registered
23,720 Posts
what a match :worship:

miracle shot by Marc at 4-6* in the TB :eek:

Alejandro :bigcry:

· Registered
384 Posts
Good match
Alejandro deserve to win but he know that in tennis nobody deserve nothing you have to earn it and be concentrate till the end as Gicquel did.

· F***ing have it
18,284 Posts
:sobbing:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.