Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to my wonderfully lacking immune system I've had to return to the states after contracting lyme disease :rolleyes: I've been feeling really tired and achey over the last week and I was running a fever and I wasn't getting any better with pain killers and stuff. I had to be back in the states by the end of the week anyway so I figured I might as well come back to VA and see my doctor and make sure it's nothing major. so now I'm on antibiotics and I'm feeling better but I'm going to my cardiologist this week for some tests as a precaution.

I go back to school on monday so that'll be interesting. I was actually excited about it back in february when I applied to the phd program but now that I've been traveling and stuff...I don't know, I just don't think I'll be able to put forward my best effort. I'm gonna go for the first week or two and I'll see if my enthusiasm returns. it just doesn't make sense to go and flunk because I'm not motivated or interested. it's amazing how much a person can change in a few months!

it's sooooo weird to be back here in the land of unfriendly fat people looking like schizos while talking on their bluetooth headsets in a language that I can actually understand! the only thing I really like better about the united states is that people actually drive within their lanes on the road...I always feel like my life is flashing before my eyes as a passenger in maroc (I will NEVER drive in morocco, I'm glad I fell in love with a city that has no cars), it gets annoying because moroccans apparently have love affairs with their horns and they pay no attention to lane markers so it's just constant noise and chaos. throw in a few donkeys walking with their loads of cargo on the side of the road, no traffic lights plus lots of pedestrians trying to cross the street and it feels like you're in the middle of a game of frogger :p

now I just need to get my internal clock back on EST!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts