1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Rome of course. It's the one before RG. Once it finished there's a week so that should be enough. Also it gives him time between the sunshine double (saying he plays both) and his clay start.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
One of them, Rome and Monte Carlo, plus also Olympics singles gold, the three titles that Rogie not winning eats away at me to this day!!

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Barca...

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
IIRC Rome and Monte Carlo are closest to RG conditions... ? Rome in that sense would be nice (also missing from his title collection), but would think it's better for Fed at this point to get a bit more rest before RG. In that sense Madrid would be my pick. He has also had a decent amount of success there.

Monte Carlo: Apr 13 – 21
Barcelona: Apr 22 – 28
Madrid: May 3 – 12
Rome: May 12 – 19
RG: May 26 – Jun 9

·
Registered
82 Posts
Madrid.
The fastest one.
To not burn too many fats calories. Needed for the green season.

Envoyé de mon SM-N960F en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Your visions will happen
47,123 Posts
Expected

Rome, clearly

Good to see him back on the clay

He knows he needs matches, skipping everything from Miami to Stuttgart is too much

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Maybe he would be better off with staying in the snowy mountains and preparing for RG like never before, like when Rocky was preparing for Drago. He should also use Rafa's picture to motivate himself, since he lost so many times to him at RG. This year's RG may be the payback time, other clay tournaments are irrelevant.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Wtf only one? That’s disappointing... I expected him to play at least two of the masters...
I actually didn't. Would be quite a step to go from not playing clay to three events. Al tough you have the risk now to go out early and don't play matches still. But he is a non force on clay so doesn't really matter.
IIRC Rome and Monte Carlo are closest to RG conditions... ? Rome in that sense would be nice (also missing from his title collection), but would think it's better for Fed at this point to get a bit more rest before RG. In that sense Madrid would be my pick. He has also had a decent amount of success there.

Monte Carlo: Apr 13 – 21
Barcelona: Apr 22 – 28
Madrid: May 3 – 12
Rome: May 12 – 19
RG: May 26 – Jun 9
I would rather he got match feeling on clay just before RG instead. If he can't play with rest week after not playing for month after HC then he shouldn't choose to play clay at all.

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Why? Didn't he use his age as an excuse for skipping RG last year?

Unless I'm not counting correctly, he'll be a year older this year.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Actually, it will probably be the highest bidder.

About 2-3 million ought to do it, no?

Respectfully,
masterclass

1 - 20 of 73 Posts