Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Raonic out now too, so which 2 men will make the F?? What're your thoughts lupojohn??
The winner of Kecmanovic vs Humbert on the bottom half On the top half, I have no idea because the courts are so slow as said by Noah, Koepfer, Raonic and Kwon so it's not a given that we'll have an Isner vs Opelka semifinal as it seemed.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
After beating Lorenzi - who grunts so annoyingly when he hits - I'm glad Miomir is through to the QF where he sets up a match against Humberr. Should be a good one.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
After beating Lorenzi - who grunts so annoyingly when he hits - I'm glad Miomir is through to the QF where he sets up a match against Humberr. Should be a good one.
That's the match i've been looking forward to all week.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The reason for the slow courts is that the venue, the Nassau Coliseum, is home to the NHL's New York Islanders, so they just pave the courts over the ice.

Jung did an autograph session, although I didn't actually see him do it. Kwon was there last night.

John declined his press conference after the match. Thompson came in instead. It wound up being an unintentional one-on-one.

·
Registered
32,115 Posts
My God, New York and they can't get a better field than this? Well what am I surprised for, even Atp 1000 are often dog shit these days.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
it’s in Long Island, not New York City. No one here gives a fuck about Long Island
The location is not the problem. The location on the tour calendar is.

·
Premium Member
9,898 Posts
it’s in Long Island, not New York City. No one here gives a fuck about Long Island
Hey I was in NYC for a long layover, and was tempted to reach out to you, but figured you were busy talking with Tony Godsick.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
lupojohn, I'm going with my co-worker on Sunday for the 2pm men's doubles F followed by the men's singles F, do they have food at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, are there vendors?? Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
lupojohn, I'm going with my co-worker on Sunday for the 2pm men's doubles F followed by the men's singles F, do they have food at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, are there vendors?? Thanks!!
They have burgers.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,361 Posts
The reason for the slow courts is that the venue, the Nassau Coliseum, is home to the NHL's New York Islanders, so they just pave the courts over the ice.

Jung did an autograph session, although I didn't actually see him do it. Kwon was there last night.

John declined his press conference after the match. Thompson came in instead. It wound up being an unintentional one-on-one.
interesting. Did you get much out of the players?

Whenever I go to these events, I treat any food sold as there for convenience. It's usually overpriced and not that great on the palate ($11 for very dry and salty potato chips anyone?). I tend to organise food ahead of time or buy it from outside and bring it in. Of course it's not always possible to do this, so they will have vendors who can make quick buck here.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
interesting. Did you get much out of the players?

Whenever I go to these events, I treat any food sold as there for convenience. It's usually overpriced and not that great on the palate ($11 for very dry and salty potato chips anyone?). I tend to organise food ahead of time or buy it from outside and bring it in. Of course it's not always possible to do this, so they will have vendors who can make quick buck here.
Everything will be up when I am not falling asleep. My commute is three hours each way and I am getting very little sleep. All of my interviews (or at least the important ones) are transitioned into articles.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,361 Posts
The location is not the problem. The location on the tour calendar is.
yep they are competing with ATP500 Rotterdam and some clay tournaments the very same week. Those who go to Europe or Middle East (Dubai) before or after will unlikely opt to play in New York.
Everything will be up when I am not falling asleep. My commute is three hours each way and I am getting very little sleep. All of my interviews (or at least the important ones) are transitioned into articles.
BUSY week for you. Thanks for pouring in that effort.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Inglot got nailed in a very sensitive area by Monroe (by accident). I almost got nailed by accident while looking at my phone on the photographer's bench. Monroe and Sock were having a laugh about it.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

·
Premium Member
9,898 Posts
I always make time for my fans
Mid day nice whiskey for Attorney at Large?

Ate some delicious Italian food in Little Italy.... which is disappearing to Chinatown

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
@theseth1119 let me know when you arrive and I will come meet you.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts