Lisicki -3 games(1.87) over Vinci!
Wilfred -4 games(2.08) over Youzhny!
Seppi 1.88 over Giraldo!

GL-leans Poronkova +5.5/Sloane +2.5!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Safarova to beat Williams @2.00
Hehehehe!! The title thread leaves no room for added imagination. Someone in the sky really is a depiction of being caught up in the middle of nowhere or to put it more resplendently, raptured into nothingness!!!! Venus is a dreadful matchup for Safarova even with the handicap of fatigue rapped around her. In fact even when tiredness is brought in as a strong catalyst, I believe Venus will check out more by default than to hang around to wait to lose to Lucy who does not believe the rumours herself. I would have given it a second look if Lucy was picked on the merit of anything else other than Venus fatigue. 5/6 each way tells the story. Williams wins again or defaults leaving Lucy well in the sky!!!

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Safarova couldn't beat Venus even with Williams have fatigue,dislocated right shoulder/both knees shot/a bung elbow and in Bilbo's grand mothers 2nd hand (electric wheel chair with a puncture)!Good night Irene in the sky for Lucy!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hehehehe!! The title thread leaves no room for added imagination. Someone in the sky really is a depiction of being caught up in the middle of nowhere or to put it more resplendently, raptured into nothingness!!!! Venus is a dreadful matchup for Safarova even with the handicap of fatigue rapped around her. In fact even when tiredness is brought in as a strong catalyst, I believe Venus will check out more by default than to hang around to wait to lose to Lucy who does not believe the rumours herself. I would have given it a second look if Lucy was picked on the merit of anything else other than Venus fatigue. 5/6 each way tells the story. Williams wins again or defaults leaving Lucy well in the sky!!!
Not sure if matchup thing applies here as it's been almost 5 years since the last time they played each other. Even then she was nicking sets on couple of occasions

Venus was running on fumes against Radwanska on Sun, how many 3 setters did she play last week?

I really feel that she'll retire today, using my Ladbrokes account for this one

·
Registered
248 Posts
Stepanek to beat Pospisil @ 2.0

Pospisil was struggling with injury last week in Toronto and was on the verge of throwing in the towel. It showed how poor state he was in that he was straight setted by Gasquet who subsequently pulled out next round and also is not playing this week. Radek usually deals with big returners well as his return is one of his strongest attributes and enjoys targets at the net.

Ginepri to beat Thiem @ 2.8

Ginepri bit of a part time player these days but shown some signs of life this season. He has always liked to play left handers as their stock shots play into his strongest shot - the backhand as his career winning record vs lefties show(25-20 as opposed to 161-182 vs right handers). Thiem has played alot of tennis this season and it might catch up with him soon. Also the quick courts don't suit his game at this early stage of his career.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
After yesterday's horrendous performance from my picks, here's hoping today'll be a bit better.

Cilic to win 2-0 @2.29 2/10
GGL -2.5 @1.84 3/10
Diyas -3 @1.91 3/10

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Lopez +2.5 vs Cilic @ 2
Lost. Lopez was awful and Cilic was on form, I didn't even have an ounce of faith in Lopez when he was 1-0 40-15* in set 2. All in all a terrible bet.

Reading through some comments in here I won't be the only one with a red face if Safarova holds on against Venus, 3-1 up in the decider at the moment.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
C'mon bro are you serious Kuta :cuckoo::facepalm: give the donations to the Mrs Rory :tape:
Safarova couldn't beat Venus even with Williams have fatigue,dislocated right shoulder/both knees shot/a bung elbow and in Bilbo's grand mothers 2nd hand (electric wheel chair with a puncture)!Good night Irene in the sky for Lucy!
I wish you slated my bet, then it might have actually came in :worship:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts