• Top 150

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, today pouille just beat albot 61 62 in kosice challenger qfs.

i was curious of users opinion on his game and posibilities, as i ve noticed he is not one of the most popular players from his generation, similar to coppejans maybe

the guy has played grand slams before, has received wcs in some other tournaments, such as madrid open for example

he is a 1994 guy and has achieved his career high(173) earlier this season

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
his results this season are mediocre. Only this two weeks have been something to talk about, back to back semifinals.
I'd go for top 100, but who knows? he's still young.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i ll go with top 20 potential. around 15 maybe =)

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its sad no one seems to care when someone makes "a different thread" than just nadal-djokovic-federer...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I can see him as a top 20 player... as I thought that Chardy would be a top 20 player :p
Honstely, I give him the same potential than Chardy. Some similarities between them : great FH, headcases, like to play on clay...
I hope he'll do better than Jeremy though ;)

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I saw him live vs Dimitrov at RG. The first set was good. He showed some potential. Needs some work on the backhand asap though.
He is the best from 1994. He is not that far from Kyrgios in the ranking.

It's too early to tell... I hope he can crack the top 100 soon. France need some young prospect.
Currently from the 13 french players in the top 100, 11 are 27 yo or +. The 2 youngest are Paire and Mannarino, who are respectively 10th and 13th in the french ranking, and they are 25 yo. :eek:

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Was A set and 4-1 against Mathieu and lost the set 6-4 and the final set 6-0 and only took 8 games off Monaco at RG doesn't really make me expect anything from him and also has had an average year so far, I think he can easily make top 100 maybe top 50 but nothing else

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not much can be found on youtube about his game but...its something

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw him live vs Dimitrov at RG. The first set was good. He showed some potential. Needs some work on the backhand asap though.
He is the best from 1994. He is not that far from Kyrgios in the ranking.

It's too early to tell... I hope he can crack the top 100 soon. France need some young prospect.
Currently from the 13 french players in the top 100, 11 are 27 yo or +. The 2 youngest are Paire and Mannarino, who are respectively 10th and 13th in the french ranking, and they are 25 yo. :eek:
you are right...but there are many youngsters pushing out there. pouille, halys, couacaud, bourgue...by far pouille has the best ranking out there but in a couple of years all of them should get into top 100

·
Registered
724 Posts
You shouldn't worry about the hype. Domi Thiem was 20 years old not really well known Austrian player now he is a future of tennis. Every young player who break on ATP immediately become next GOAT. Times are hard and young players are so few that people will spot anyone :) Of course it depends on Lucas. Can he break ? I hope so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts