1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Tough luck for him, seems that the AO SF, upset of Nadal and making top 10 will remain career highlights for him, he's too injury prone now.

Reactions: Saraya!

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Beating Nadal in New York will always remain his highlight in my mind. Great match and brave play there. Hopefully he comes back soon.
Yeah, I added that before you quoted me :p Even though Nadal was far from his best especially confidence-wise, it was still a great effort and remarkable performance.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
I'll say it again.Pouille is another Nicolas Escude.
Never heard of him before, just checked Escude's career results and yeah it seems like a good comparison, both with AO SF, Wimbledon QF and USO QF, 4-5 titles.

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
Never heard of him before, just checked Escude's career results and yeah it seems like a good comparison, both with AO SF, Wimbledon QF and USO QF, 4-5 titles.
Really? The Davis Cup hero?
French team of the late 90's early 00's was very colorful and full of hope. Now the only one who seems to have all his screws tied properly and not perennially injured is Humbert. The rest are either made of glass, nutjobs, closer to retirement than to their peak, or any combination of the above.

·
Registered
845 Posts
The similarities between Nicolas and Lucas 😭
Top 200 debut
Escude 19y 6m, Pouille 19y 8m
Top 100 debut
Escude 21y 7m, Pouille 21y 2m
First Grand Slam QF:
Escude 21y 9m, Pouille 22y 4m
Last Grand Slam QF:
Escude 25y 2m, Pouille 24y 11m
Both reached at least QF at three of four slams except Roland Garros
Titles
Escude 4 (biggest one indoors at Rotterdam), Pouille 5 (biggest one indoors at Vienna)
Last title
Escude a couple of months before turning 24, Pouille a couple of weeks before turning 24
Davis Cup
Escude won the 5th rubber in the final, Pouille won the 5th rubber in the final — first FRA's Davis Cup title since... Escude's
Escude's career was derailed by injury at the age of 26. He still tried to play through injury for two more years and even won one title but that was it.
Pouille is currently 26 years old.

·
Registered
20,727 Posts
So it's still the elbow. Get well soon.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Really? The Davis Cup hero?
French team of the late 90's early 00's was very colorful and full of hope. Now the only one who seems to have all his screws tied properly and not perennially injured is Humbert. The rest are either made of glass, nutjobs, closer to retirement than to their peak, or any combination of the above.
I guess I’m lacking a lot of tennis knowledge on players who retired before 2005, only the names that won slams ring a bell most of the time😂

Reactions: Monsi

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Elbows issues are a nightmare for a tennis player. Best to remain optimistic but it is a worry with the highly explosive approach he has to the game.

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
I guess I’m lacking a lot of tennis knowledge on players who retired before 2005, only the names that won slams ring a bell most of the time😂
Not thinking that tennis started in 2011 is already a giant achievement around this board.

Reactions: Haneul and raysun68
1 - 14 of 14 Posts