Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Rankings Master
16,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, this is not an ad or anything. But are you guys still using Live Tennis EU after this week? They had the rankings wrong all week, and today they corrected. Everyone kept quoting their stuff and I had to counter numerous times. Now they swept it all under the rug, no statement, no nothing.

They keep snaring people in without any focus on quality, pop up ads to get money on traffic, while I try my hardest to get the right information to everyone, and not cash in. I make mistakes too, but I also correct the official rankings when they make mistakes, that is usually missed by fans.

So, what is your preference moving forward in terms of live rankings?

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,989 Posts
Now, this is not an ad or anything. But are you guys still using Live Tennis EU after this week? They had the rankings wrong all week, and today they corrected. Everyone kept quoting their stuff and I had to counter numerous times. Now they swept it all under the rug, no statement, no nothing.

They keep snaring people in without any focus on quality, pop up ads to get money on traffic, while I try my hardest to get the right information to everyone, and not cash in. I make mistakes too, but I also correct the official rankings when they make mistakes, that is usually missed by fans.

So, what is your preference moving forward in terms of live rankings?
I haven't used Live Tennis EU in years. When I do, it's because they made a mistake and someone is quoting LTEU... and they do get stuff wrong fairly often. But it remains wildly popular among tennis fans

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Personally I always use OER. For me nothing beats tooltips and breakdowns. The only downside is that it's really sluggish, and I can understand those who opt for a different source.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
OER is clearly the best option

Reactions: Slasher1985

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I mostly use OER, especially on the computer, because there is more information available and because it seems more accurate to me. But for quick information and on the smartphone I also still use LTEU, because access is easier and faster. Also, if I want to search players from a specific country, LTEU is easier, because the country abbreviations in OER are not searchable text, so I have to put a filter (and then I don't see the other players anymore).

·
Registered
35 Posts
OER all the way, especially as I only use it on a laptop, much easier layout.

Filters easy to use and easy to switch between live rankings, race rankings, WTA, Wimby rankings etc.... even if it still hasn't updated this week yet Mr Slasher ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Funny how many haven't learned and have the AO seeds wrong because they only check LTEU.

However, I must admit, I tend to check LTEU at first too when I don't care so much, simply because it is so much faster on any device for me and they have doubles (with even more mistakes there though).

·
Registered
20,921 Posts
who did what?

·
Rankings Master
16,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
True, OER is not so good at speed. LTEU has a very simple database with not so much data. OER can be simplified, like for instance, @Martin12, you can get an account and have countries displayed as letters only.

LTEU is probably getting a good buck from ads, they probably use medium quality hosting and profit from the rest. OER is hard on cash, I have focused on data first, I am behind the Premium scheme which will get the money to pay for faster hosting, but the idea is to offer content and value for money, not ads.

And OER is also a champion for correct official data too:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
All was said already. I use both - LTEU when I want to have a quick look of what is going on or when I am using mobile and OER when I want to have better insight and I am using PC

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
12,753 Posts
All was said already. I use both - LTEU when I want to have a quick look of what is going on or when I am using mobile and OER when I want to have better insight and I am using PC
But could only take 1 to desert island ...which one would you bring?

Reactions: Slasher1985

·
Registered
355 Posts
I used to use LTEU, but I have switched to use OER exclusively. I use OER only on a laptop and it loads fine for me. I love the accuracy and functionality of OER.

Slasher, thanks for creating a great site.

Regards,

-David

·
Premium Member
12,008 Posts
I put my faith in google data..

·
Banned
5,488 Posts

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
masterclass is OER,
masterclass

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Would be nice for those who don't know what you are talking about to post both URL:
I never knew about the latter before seeing the tweet above.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts