Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Each of us are wired differently and there are some people that understand this and others don't.

What were the low moments of the 2007 season. For what might be a lowlight for one, maybe a highlight for another.

Worst moments of the year.

- The Round Robin fiasco that was an experiment hated by the majority of players, fans, hard to understand when it was meant to be based on extensive research.

What happened in Buenos Aires and Las Vegas was farcical and the positive is that it's dead and buried for now.

The fact that Safin was the last winner of a Slam besides Federer and Nadal and that was in 2005.

- Mr Disney's leadership.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Obviously the whole match fixing scandal.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Federer losing to Volandri.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
- Federer losing in RG final.
- Safin going down.
- Llodra and Clement still playing Davis Cup.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
-Federer and is debabical of a season starting from Indian Wells upto RG.
-RR bullshit, and Fuckhead Blake trying to screw Korolev over.
-Davydonkey and the match fixing joke
-Fakervic getting away with murder with his 'strategies'.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
1. Round Robin format
2. Safin's season
3. Match tanking by certain players at the end of the season (I wrote "tanking" and not "fixing" on purpose, because only naive fools and bad bettors believe that it was 100% betting-concerned fixing)

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
I'd have to say the same as every year, the lack of television coverage. Seeing some tennis would have been nice.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
I'd have to say the same as every year, the lack of television coverage. Seeing some tennis would have been nice.
Sorry, I thought that went without saying. :tape:

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts
Round Robin. Thank GOD it all feels like some dim, distant nightmare now. Buenos Aires and especially Las Vegas were just a joke. Ironic that Mr Disney tried to stack the deck in the city of gambling.

Match fixing. Whether it's been happening or not, far too much blahblah on this

The endless debate over the 2009 calendar and the rebranding, with the typically well thought out ATP What The Fuck coming from London in 2009. London is good. The rebrand is dumb.

The main clay season. Pretty dull. I think the only two matches that stand out at all for me were Djokovic vs Patience at RG and Nadal vs Davydenko in Rome. It really is struggling for good players at the highest level at the moment, clay.

Wimbledon scheduling which led to a couple of shit semi-finals in between some great R16 and QF matches, and a great final.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
- The whole Round Robin idea. It sounded good to begin with, and made sense in a people-don't-pay-a-lot-of-money-to-see-the-top-seed-fluff-it-in-the-2nd-round kind of way, but it also kind of defeated the prurpose of a tournament. Plus it got exploited by 'you know who' :rolleyes:

- The match fixing thing, which probably isn't as bad or as prevalent as people make out, but is a concern for those whose favourites have oddly inconsistent results....

- Nadal losing out at Wimbledon, what a fourth set. I thought it was his year. :( And his usual end of the year slump.

- Hingis losing her career up one of her nostrils. Words fail me what kind of sorry end to a career... Some comeback that was. :mad:

- Henman saying goodbye. No matter how willing the spirit, the flesh just wasn't there anymore.

- Some great players staying away due to injury. Murray, Nalbandian, Hewitt. We need to be playing with a full deck to fully enjoy a season!

- A super-rainy Wimbledon. At least I got to watch it this year however.

All in all a pretty glumb year.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
- The RR Fiasco.
- The match fixing scandal.
- The pratical death of the carpet surface thanks to the Paris organisers bending over after complaints about their old surface from numerous players.
- The ATP unveiling their ridiculous plans for the Masters Cup, which include renaming it, and also the scandalous descion to move it to London (a city that already hosts a grand slam and an IS event).
- The draw size at Stuttgart being reduced from 48 to 32 players.
- The ATP announcing that Monte-Carlo, Barcelona, Rome and Hamburg will be held in 4 consecutive weeks in 2008, and that the draw sizes at several events will be reduced to 28 players.
- Nalbandian reaching 1 QF in his first 15 tournaments of the season before Madrid.
- Dancevic's choke against Mello in the Brazil-Canada Davis Cup tie in Florianapolis.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
RR fiasco
Match fixing
The ATP annoucing working around the Olympics in 2008 AGAIN (ridiculous summer schedule, 28 draws, etc)
Introducting byes in all Masters Series
Murray missing out on the Masters Cup by 3 games

Prediction for lowlight of the 2008 season:
Nalbandian not keeping up his form of the end of 2007

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
#####
Mr.Disney announcing the ridiculous new names for the Masters Series events & esp TMC><...

*Who The F..k came up with WTF for the renamed Masters [What The F..k]!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts