Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here is the report of my weekend in Holland!

On Friday we left Duncan's house around 7:30 am and then drove about 3 hours to the festival. We got press/guest bracelets so we could enter the exclusive tent for the press and the guests of course :p unfortunately we couldn't go backstage with it or anything, but it doesn't matter really :lol: We put up the tents and went to the festival site.

The first thing we saw was Matisyahu, a Jewish guy, don't really know how to describe it, but it was nice. Not really my kind of music, but there was a nice atmosphere. Next up was Orson in the Alpha (the biggest tent), but frankly that was a bit of a disappointment. I waited for them to play 'no tomorrow' but they didn't and we had to get back to the other tent to see Razorlight. They were great :D I had a wonderful time there.

About an hour later there were the Magic Numbers, and they were so cool! I didn't expect to enjoy the show, but they were so enthusiastic and got the crowd along. Great show. Next up was Bloc Party. I heard they were going to play a lot of new songs, and that they were really nervous, but I couldn't tell. They started a bit hesitatingly, but then they got everyone going with 'banquet' and other songs like 'this modern love' and 'helicopter'. 'So here we are' was amazing as well.

And then, what I had been waiting for: Snow patrol :lol: earlier that day they gave 1500 special lighters away to use during 'run', but by the time I got there they were all gone. :( so no lighter for me. They also had these unique 'snowlands' T-shirts with the cd 'eyes open', but I already have the cd, so no shirt for me either :lol: the next day I bought another shirt anyway. So the concert :lol: They opened with one of my fave songs, 'Spitting games', and played 'chocolate', 'wow', 'run', 'you're all I have', 'how to be dead' and more. They seemed to have a really good time, especially Gary Lightbody, the singer, and the bass player (who was a hottie :lol: ). They smiled constantly at each other, like they were surprised to have so much success! It's not necessary to say that they made my day lol.

After Snow Patrol I went on my own to Hard-Fi, and heard a couple of great songs like 'hard to beat' and 'stars of cctv'. Great show, although I was standing at the back of the tent so I could hardly see what was going on. The singer had a funny accent though lol. After that me and Duncan went to 'never mind the british', a DJ who was playing lots of great British songs. I had a wonderful time. :)

I didn't expect that much from saturday, because there weren't many bands I like. First I went to Hawthorne Heights, but they sucked lol. They were like the American version of Janez Dedt, a Belgian band, but they sure didn't convince me. After that I went back to the Alpha, where the others were listening to Urban Dance Squad. That was nice, but not really my kind of thing. Then we went to the Lima to listen to Guillemots, but they weren't impressive. We couldn't enter the tent anyway, because there were too many people. Then we went back to my tent lol, to the Frames. They are an Irish band, and I liked them a lot. In the Alpha Michael Franti was up next, and it was nice. Not what I had expected lol, but nice. Then we went back to the Raconteurs, and after 'steady as she goes' we went back. I went to the Streets, but the negative advice in the paper was correct. They weren't that great. After 'when you wasn't famous' I went to see 'Dirty pretty things', the band of Carl Barat, ex-Libertine. That was amazing!! Great show! They played two songs from the Libertines, and the style of Barat's band is a lot like the Libertines. The reviews were also very positive about them, and called them one of the best performances of the weekend.

After that we went to the Scissor sisters, but left then to see Gogol Bordello, and that was superb. Everyone in the tent was going crazy lol. What a nutty band :lol: Afterwards we went to the Alpha, where DJ's were playing. Personal highlights: 'Killing in the name of', 'Suds and Soda', 'Every day I love you less and less', 'Seven nation army'. By the time it was finished it was 2am and we weren't tired, so we went to see Balkan Beats. That was pretty good too, but I became tired quickly and so we went back to the camping.

Sunday had a great programme. First we wanted to see Forward, Russia! but we were a bit late. Sounded nice though. Then we went to Panic! at the disco, and they were pretty disappointing. A lot of people left early and so did we, because we wanted to catch a few songs of the Kooks in another tent. What the kooks were doing in the India, I don't know. It seems like everybody wanted to see them, there was a whole crowd standing outside. They sounded pretty good. After 'naive', we went to see Lostprophets in the Alpha.

Lostprophets were so cool :lol: they didn't convince me in the beginning, but the singer was funny in between the songs. And when they did 'rooftops' everybody went crazy. (I can't find any pics, boo :ras: ) When that was over, we ran through the pouring rain to the other tent, to Pennywise. The outside was completely wet, we were standing in the mud and the water lol. But of course we had to see 'bro hymn' ;) After that we went back to the Alpha, where I stayed until the last show. We wanted a good place for during the Arctic Monkeys, so we had to endure Danko Jones first. My Carlos, that sucked :lol: And then of course the Arctic Monkeys. They didn't seem very enthusiastic, but their show was excellent. Great performance, great songs, great band.

And then Duncan went away to see Less than Jake, I stayed for Muse. They were awesome. I don't know why the paper gave negative advice for their show, but I guess you need to like their music. They opened with 'Hysteria' and played 'Supermassive black hole', 'Starlight', 'Showbiz', 'Forced in', and afterwards 'Time is running out' and 'Stockholm syndrome'.

Well, that was my report. I had a wonderful weekend, although the last day was very very wet lol. Hope it wasn't too long lol.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol I didn't know that :lol: I don't really follow who's in what band, I just listen to their music :p
good to be back :hug:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts