Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, this is a risky move but the odds are right so why not? Lorenzi just knocked out defending champ Haase so he must be playing pretty well plus he beat Andujar in his last clay battle.

Lorenzi +225
Lorenzi +1.5 +105

I will also take Ramos/Maximo Gonzalez over 2.5 sets
Riba +185
Vesley +110

Last but not least
Vickery +250
Vickery +1.5 +105

I would bet the farm, maybe not the whole farm, on Shelby Rogers who I think is a major threat in this tournament however the odds aren't up and it's already rather late in the morning. Will check back before game time to see if it is worth it to wager on.

Good luck everyone!!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
The key point with Lorenzi-Haase match is if Haase choked that match away or not. It would have been nice to watch that match and see how good Lorenzi really was or was Haase just so bad. Andujar on the other hand looked rock solid against Melzer, BUT Melzdown was quite terrible though. At least Andujar doesn't seem to be tired after last week.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Okay, this is a risky move but the odds are right so why not? Lorenzi just knocked out defending champ Haase so he must be playing pretty well plus he beat Andujar in his last clay battle.

Lorenzi +225
Lorenzi +1.5 +105

I will also take Ramos/Maximo Gonzalez over 2.5 sets
Riba +185
Vesley +110

Last but not least
Vickery +250
Vickery +1.5 +105

I would bet the farm, maybe not the whole farm, on Shelby Rogers who I think is a major threat in this tournament however the odds aren't up and it's already rather late in the morning. Will check back before game time to see if it is worth it to wager on.

Good luck everyone!!
Sometimes a bit of applied maths can help in these situations. The bookies have created an inviting situation for you to jump at lorenzi from the translation of the pricing. Lorenzi has a better h2h record plus he just beat Haase. However what does that amount to in terms of Lorenzi's form? I did not see Lorenzi's last match, but I was able to judge from the scoreboard movement that his opponent put up no resistance. It is so easy to tell the story of a game only from watching scoreboard and price moves, that is if you are a veteran.(lol)
Your aim should really be trying to figure out if Lorenzi can win a set at 5/6. We already know from the expection of this match that Andujar will be very competitive in line with his current ascendency in form. Lorenzi has a big question mark hanging over his head and even the h2h does not sway me. Regardless of Melzer's form, there is the aided hopeful reasoning that the conqueror of the homeboy(Melzer) should prevail here. With the total games at 21.5, I am even swerving that and going for Andujar 2-0. Good luck all!

·
Registered
25 Posts
anyone have any idea whats happening in cortina?

weather radar shows rain but geez, whats the go if today is rained out aswell?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Taking Rosol 8/10 @1.46. Haider-Maurer was pretty bad against G. Melzer, only the latter was even worse so he did it in straights anyway. Rosol is a good claycourter and I expect him to win this quite comfortably, odds should be around 1.30 in my opinion.

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Being doing well with Andujar,so can't go against him but with a surprising record against Lorenzi(maybe matchup issues or mental demons) I would lean slightly towards +4 Lorenzi or a drubbing by the inform man of the moment(Mebit finally makes a good pt with Pablo)!

Juan Monaco -3games(1.87) over Shark!

Osaka +6.5games(1.92) over Petkovic!

GL-lean Benneteau -2.5 over Young(seems to easy,maybe bait)!

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Bopanna/Qureshi tb. Dodig/Melo @1.90

Dodig hasn't played a match since May and he pulled out in singles in Washington but it looks like he'll play in doubles. The odds are too tempting for me to stay away from it

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Lost. Chokers gonna choke :smash:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
True..i had the same problem with Goffin today..but i didn´t bet :( I will play Raonic and Kerber.We will see :)

Keep on going :)
I am rolling with Lorenzi, I just got him vs Goffin at +220. Who knows what will happen but at those odds, worth a shot.

Raonic's serve is untouchable almost and has a very good chance vs hewitt but I will play it safe and hope it goes three sets.

Kerber is a beast but I am taking a chance on Coco just because of the odds and the fact that she plays well in this tournament.

Good luck dude!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am rolling with Lorenzi, I just got him vs Goffin at +220. Who knows what will happen but at those odds, worth a shot.

Raonic's serve is untouchable almost and has a very good chance vs hewitt but I will play it safe and hope it goes three sets.

Kerber is a beast but I am taking a chance on Coco just because of the odds and the fact that she plays well in this tournament.

Good luck dude!
Thank you m8 :D

I think Raonic can win this tournament.Berdych is suspicious but Nishikori play good tennis. I will follow them,just to see.
You are right abbout Kerber. Goffin could go in 3 sets.

Good luck

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Being doing well with Andujar,so can't go against him but with a surprising record against Lorenzi(maybe matchup issues or mental demons) I would lean slightly towards +4 Lorenzi or a drubbing by the inform man of the moment(Mebit finally makes a good pt with Pablo)!

Juan Monaco -3games(1.87) over Shark!

Osaka +6.5games(1.92) over Petkovic!

GL-lean Benneteau -2.5 over Young(seems to easy,maybe bait)!
WL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts