Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By that I mean the Current Season. I was looking at some tennis videos from 2011-2012 and it became painfully obvious that the Quality of the tennis is deteriorated after 2012.

In 2011 most of the top players were in really good shape and form, majority of their work was heavily overshadowed by Novak but if you look at those matches it's quality is something we haven't seen like 2 years.

This year, Dull is nowhere near what he was in 2011 despite the growth hormones, Roger's level isn't anywhere close to his FO SF or USOP SF level. Murray is a complete mug, Berdych has officially became birdshit, Tsonga was a disappointment except for his title in Toronto.

I understand that players have become older since 2011 but the new generation isn't helping either. Not a single Masters Title or a GS Final, so called young guns are nothing but inconsistent mugs :eek:

2012 was the last good season imo quality-wise. 2013 saw nothing but a choke-spree by Nole, Murray's constant decline after the Wimbledon title and Dull vulturing couple of slams :rolleyes:

What are your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
I am only worried about the level of tennis displayed by Big 4 in 2014 and as someone here said that year 2014 is a transitional year from the strongest era. Hoping Rafa will come back from the break and set the tour on fire again. We need the GOAT to do that in the best interests of the game of tennis; however, he is already 28 and maybe past his best.

2012 and 2013 are not bad years. 2012 - each of the top 4 players won a slam each. 2013 - Rafa did incredibly well, Murray struck his best form winning Wimby, and Nole also did well in the later part.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Fear of the biological passport (2013-2014) and the increase of sampling, I suppose. Don't worry, the same downward trend was seen briefly post-2006 and post-2009.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Fear of the biological passport (2013-2014) and the increase of sampling, I suppose. Don't worry, the same downward trend was seen briefly post-2006 and post-2009.
Agreed, and agreed (Biological passport, and they will work around it).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts