Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
47,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shocked, shocked to see Nadal win the RG this season. I thought for sure this was Djokovic year.

But this only means that he will win USO. He has lost so many times in the F, and only 1 title. It looks more and more as if Djokovic will be the Lendl of this era, who was 8-11 in slam finals. Djoker is only 6-7 atm, but I think that for sure he will win the USO.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I was shocked, shocked to see Nadal win the RG this season. I thought for sure this was Djokovic year.

But this only means that he will win USO. He has lost so many times in the F, and only 1 title. It looks more and more as if Djokovic will be the Lendl of this era, who was 8-11 in slam finals. Djoker is only 6-7 atm, but I think that for sure he will win the USO.
Shocked? Rafa fans as fake as their cult leader... Rafa was always the favorite... He won't win USO this year.... 1-5 in last 6 finals

·
Registered
6,633 Posts

Djokovic winning a major final :confused:. Nice joke there, mate. The guy is done, he is a broken man. He will soon be a father and a husband. Tennis will move to the bottom of the to do list. The king is dead, long live the king.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Djokovic winning a major final :confused:. Nice joke there, mate. The guy is done, he is a broken man. He will soon be a father and a husband. Tennis will move to the bottom of the to do list. The king is dead, long live the king.
He might win one or two more slams.... That's it

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
the uso is definitely a more favorable and consistent event for nole than rg or wimbledon, though after his painful loss to murray in the 2012 final and his inability to take rafa to 5 sets in last year's final, I suspect he may be going slightly backwards.. i.e., even the uso may not be such a safe haven for him anymore.. perhaps his best shot to score his next major will be at the ao, the only major he's won more than once and the one where he seems to have retained a reasonably strong aura of confidence, despite being edged out in the quarters by wawa this year..

that said, nole's consistency record at the uso certainly ought be encouraging to his fans..

what gives one pause is the fact that the serbian's now won only 1 of the last 9 majors he's played, so he seems to be in the throes of a mental tailspin at the moment.. i.e., expecting him to 'right the course' in the next 3 months may just be a bit of a tall order..

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
yikes.. I have never seen a #2-ranked player in the world so definitively written off and left for dead on side of the road as nole.. :eek:

and for the record, I hope you're wrong.. tennis needs rafa and nole and the rest of the top guys and young up-and-comers to continue showing up..

after all, 'the king' needs some competition..

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
He might win one or two more slams.... That's it

I want to believe in the guy, but I can't, not anymore. That infamous net cord did for him. He truly has been awful since then. Nadal broke him, just like he did Federer. There is no way back from here. Djokovic 2.0 made us believe in tennis again, but that guy is gone. That guy was a monster. All we are left with now is an empty shell of a player, who gifts big points away, and chokes like choking is going out of business.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I want to believe in the guy, but I can't, not anymore. That infamous net cord did for him. He truly has been awful since then. Nadal broke him, just like he did Federer. There is no way back from here. Djokovic 2.0 made us believe in tennis again, but that guy is gone. That guy was a monster. All we are left with now is an empty shell of a player who gifts big points away, and chokes like choking is going out of business.
it's almost as if 2011 had never happened.. suddenly nole's nothing but a sad, broken shell.. yikes, you nole fans are such fickle, fair weather drama queens! :rolleyes:

instead of throwing the guy under the bus, realize that if rafa was able to rise to the occasion after his string of losses to nole in 2011, the least you can do as a fan of the serbian, is to expect him to likewise rise to the occasion in the coming year.. this is what creates great champions and raises the bar for everyone.. i.e., players pushing each other to new heights.. if this weren't the case, the sport would simply stagnate..

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I want to believe in the guy, but I can't, not anymore. That infamous net cord did for him. He truly has been awful since then. Nadal broke him, just like he did Federer. There is no way back from here. Djokovic 2.0 made us believe in tennis again, but that guy is gone. That guy was a monster. All we are left with now is an empty shell of a player, who gifts big points away, and chokes like choking is going out of business.
and people thinking he is going to turn this around this year. He looked shattered after his loss today. He hired Becker exactly for this match. He is becoming a dad too. Just so many unknowns. As far as 2011, we can now safely say it was a fluke. How long do we have to wait till he has another year like it... not going to happen. He will win more slams but he could have been in the GOAT discussion even if he was 4-2 in his last 6 slams. But 1-5? Heck, even 3-3 would have been something

·
Banned
1,570 Posts

Well the most prestigious analists were predicting rafa to win in 4 (at least those who are in tennis.com)

Its obvious you either are underestimating rafa, or you arent that good predicting rafa.

And no, nothing is a lock, I think Nole has actually more chances at wimbledon where there isnt a clear dominant player. I think rafa has seriously higher chances to win the USO.

There are 2 slams left on this calendar year, and I firmly believe that rafa still has the higher chances to win at least 1 slam (or even 2) more than anyone else.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
yikes.. I have never seen a #2-ranked player in the world so definitively written off and left for dead on side of the road as nole.. :eek:

and for the record, I hope you're wrong.. tennis needs rafa and nole and the rest of the top guys and young up-and-comers to continue showing up..

after all, 'the king' needs some competition..
Well, rafa was being written off as #1, just because of his lower than usual performance in the pre-RG clay swing.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts

Wishful thinking you have turned from Rafa fan to Nole fan and we all know this.

He isnt likely to win USO, he has won 1/9 slams, and that one being AO. That sums it up. He lost his mental edge over rafa, and even more so considering he has lost the last 4 slams matches against the spaniard, get real johnny.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Well, rafa was being written off as #1, just because of his lower than usual performance in the pre-RG clay swing.
yeah, but those trashing rafa's chances weren't his own fans..

these are nole's own fans trashing their beloved idol as if he were suddenly some piece of s#ite player.. these immature fools would throw their own mothers under the bus.. :facepalm:

too many of nole's 'followers' seem to be fickle, fair weather drama queens, not real fans..

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Johnny "Jinxmaster" Groove :worship:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
I expected you to be more mature johnny but you are turning a sensasionalist like the writers of the sun or daily mail... Not even rafa is a lock at any slam despite playing 3/4 last finals and winning 2 of them.

Let alone nole who is struggling to win finals since 9 slams ago. Nobody is done, nobody is lock. Rafa has the higher chances to add slams, then comes nole, then andy.. then a surprise or Fed (specially on wimby) , both highly unlikely.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Magical thinking.

Aside from being gutted by choking at the FO and undermining his confidence, Djokovic has two obstacles at the US Open. First, NYC is notoriously very hot and humid in late summer, /and Djoko wilts in those conditions. Second, the largely American crowd at the USO dislikes him for a variety of reasons and Novak plays poorly when fans are against him.

He had a much better shot in Paris until the weather turned hot and humid, causing him to languish when the heat got to him after the first set.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Channel Slam for the Clay G.O.A.T followed by USO win for the Djoker.

NID.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts