Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rankings Master
18,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kecmanovic started strong, but Med upped his game and came back into Set 1. After the TB bagel, the Serb folded easily and there you go.

Med ensures himself 4 more weeks at #1 after Aug 15 for a total of 16.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Kec played really well in the first set, but as soon as the TB started, he lost his intensity all the way.
Med is still missing his first serve percentage, but the second serve was surprisingly good enough to hold up.

·
Your visions will happen
58,611 Posts
Kecmanovic started strong, but Med upped his game and came back into Set 1. After the TB bagel, the Serb folded easily and there you go.

Yes very good level to keep World #1

If he defends USO we have to have the discussion of whether he is the Russian GOAT ahead of Safin/Kafelnikov

·
Registered
376 Posts
I’ve been critical of Med’s form lately but this was a pretty high level, Kecmanovic really impressed me and Daniil had to step it up. Hopefully Medvedev can win this title.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just read an article which said that Alcaraz could be no1 before US Open if he wins one of the 2 masters leading up to it and makes the final in the other one, and Medvedev doesn't make the quarters in both of them. Is this information wrong?

·
Rankings Master
18,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just read an article which said that Alcaraz could be no1 before US Open if he wins one of the 2 masters leading up to it and makes the final in the other one, and Medvedev doesn't make the quarters in both of them. Is this information wrong?
It's correct information. I didn't mean to sound like it's mathematically guaranteed to get 4 more weeks at #1, just realistically ensured (it is the word I used) to be #1 for 4 more weeks.

The guarantee is for one extra week after Aug 15, yes, to Aug 22. Med buys more time with a final in Montreal

·
Registered
390 Posts
Kecmanovic seems to be in better shape these days. Looks like he lost some of that tire he had around his stomach that he had in the first part of the year. Anyone else notice that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts