Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
What a peroformancce !! The serving in TB was untreal, and that ULTRA HUGE Forehand at 4-1 30-30

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he is playing his best career tennis!
I couldn't agree more. When Lopez is on, he's amazing to watch. If he had a backhand drive that was at least okay and some mental stability, he'd be top 5. Unfortunately, he lacks both. He has been hitting some spectacuylar backhand winners every now and again lately, though! Too bad he has to face Federer and not Nadal now. If his serve and forehand are on, I like his chances against Nadal on this surface, seeing as he is also a lefty and thus, Nadal's high cross-court forehands wouldn't bother him much.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Great 2nd set by FeLo! :woohoo:

He has really stepped it up in the recent weeks. The only Spaniard who can really serve. Seems that Costa is able to make something useful out of that raw material :D Today FeLo hit even a few drive backhand winners :yeah:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Excellent playing from Lalo!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's match against Roger. Could well be an interesting match.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Lopez played very well! Great serving, great strokes on both ends (surprisingly).

I hope he can take out Federer now. They had such a wonderful match at the USO.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Al Costa must be coach of the year. Not that he will ever get any credit from the mainstream tennis press, he never got any credit as a player so I do not see what would change for him as a coach.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I felt good about it up until 5-4 in the first, when the old Lopez reared its ugly head and he got broken back. But he fought hard to win the tie-break. And after that, he started playing much better. He hit some great backhands in there. And that forehand he ripped at 4-1 was ridiculous. :eek:

Third straight QF in a row for Lopez. That's amazing. Has he ever done that before?

Sucks that he has to play Roger now. But no one expects him to win, and he most likely won't, so hopefully he can play some great tennis like he did for about the first two sets at the US Open.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Big Al has helped haul Lopez up from what, around 90 in the world after he lost finalist points in Gstaad this summer? He must be very close to an AO seeding now, and all the indications are that he'll give Federer a battle tomorrow. Never mind the recent history of the US Open, they met in the quarters here four years ago and Federer barely squeaked out the win.

·
Registered
27,356 Posts
Costa must have some magic mushrooms growing in his backyard.

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
I'm a bit disappointed, but on the other hand Koubek already reached more than I thought by winning against Ljubo yesterday.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
2003: Vienna, Basel, Madrid. :p
Haha. OK, so technically he has done it before. But that was the old Feli, not the new Feli. Although he is starting to look like the old Feli...even better in some ways.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
This is wonderful! I stopped watching at the begining of the second set and I though that he was going to lose! Let´s see what happens with Federer.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts