Connors
Sampras
Nadal
Djokovic

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
did Agassi vulture a weak era?

or did his head prevent him from winning 12/13+ slams?

I'd say the latter.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts
Looking at how superweak and supermug the next immediate generation is (Raonic, Dimitrov, Nishikori), Djokovic will vulture more than 5 slams until the Kyrgios generation is ready.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Right now, it's hard to imagine that Novak will not win more than 2 other GS.

·
Registered
894 Posts

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
did Agassi vulture a weak era?

or did his head prevent him from winning 12/13+ slams?

I'd say the latter.
Agassi missing a few years practically in the mid to late 90s for various personal reasons (some conspiracists think that he was partially doing a 'silent ban' for his recreational drug use)

also Agassi's most successful slam was the Australian Open, an event which he ignored an deliberately did not play at all (I'm not kidding) for the first half of his career. I think it's easy to see that if Andre had respected Australian and played there and also not missed a few years in his arguable prime that he would have probably gotten over 10 slams

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Agassi missing a few years practically in the mid to late 90s for various personal reasons (some conspiracists think that he was partially doing a 'silent ban' for his recreational drug use)

also Agassi's most successful slam was the Australian Open, an event which he ignored an deliberately did not play at all (I'm not kidding) for the first half of his career. I think it's easy to see that if Andre had respected Australian and played there and also not missed a few years in his arguable prime that he would have probably gotten over 10 slams
Agree 100%, an incredible talent, though you could argue that his longevity was helped by the fact he went AWOL in the 90s, he is a player you feel would produce in ever era, especially this one (he'd have loved the surfaces) and his rivalries were epic, Sampras, Rafter, Becker :hearts:

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Djokovic can win 5 more, a total of 14 at best I say and a total of 8 after turning 27. The reason why is the next generation(s) suck(s).

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Federer, Lendl and Sampras only won 2 slams after turning 28. but the tards think djokovic will win many slams after 28. lol. delusional. this will be nole's last great year and last year where he wins multiple slams. think roger after 2009.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Noobs, Novak and others from his generation are the new level of longevity and competitiveness. It's pointless to bank on history when everything around us is changing at such a high pace dictated by science and tech. That includes medical knowledge, but more importantly there is better understanding of cognitive decline and which activities slow down the effects of aging on our brains.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Open era

Slams won after turning 27 in the open era

5 slams after turning 27
Laver
Agassi
Federer

4 slams after turning 27
Rosewall
Newcombe
Lendl

3 slams after turning 27
Connors
Sampras
Nadal
Djokovic
Rosewall won his 4 slams after turning 33 when the open era began in 68. Had he been able to compete in slams at 28, he probably would have won another 4, at least. Laver was 29 when the open era began.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts