Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows what was the longest match tiebreak in men's tennis? Because yesterday a challenger doubles match in Marrakech ended 27:25 in 3rd set...

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
For ATP level, Voo will tell us

·
Registered
22,615 Posts
that's gotta be it, wow, that's a load of mp saved.

It's easier for 5th sets to go long when there's no tiebreak because you need a break which isn't guarenteed, but in a super tiebreak, just 1 point on the others teams serve can win you the match so I doubt one went longer than this.

Even in a real tiebreak I think the record is like 20-18, which is 13 points more than the 7 required to win, while this is 17 points more than the 10 required to win, so this is more unlikely than the longest real TB

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's gotta be it, wow, that's a load of mp saved.

It's easier for 5th sets to go long when there's no tiebreak because you need a break which isn't guarenteed, but in a super tiebreak, just 1 point on the others teams serve can win you the match so I doubt one went longer than this.

Even in a real tiebreak I think the record is like 20-18, which is 13 points more than the 7 required to win, while this is 17 points more than the 10 required to win, so this is more unlikely than the longest real TB

Yeah, it's really... wow! :D
Gicquel is gonna be really angry, also lost in singles yesterday 6:7 (9) in 3rd set :lol:

BUT: Anyone knows if that 27:25 is an official record now or not???

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Voo will know :rocker2:

·
Registered
696 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Voo will know :rocker2:
You're the 2nd guy now talking about obviously somebody here in the forums called "Voo". Who is that guy? :D Voo, if you read this, your comment on that whole record thing would be very appreciated. I actually wanted to write an article about that... better today rather than tomorrow :)

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Challenger records are unofficial, the longest super tie-break is 23-21, won by Montanes and Ramirez-Hidalgo (Estoril 2007).

The longest registered super tie-break, I think comes from junior tournament, Roehampton 2007. Cunha (BRA) d. Ignatik (BLR) 4-2 1-4 [31-29]

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Today Guillermo Olaso won the first set 7-6 (22-20) against Evgeny Karlovskyi in Dallas FQR and wikipedia says this is the longest tiebreak ever played on a challenger circuit. Anyone can confirm ?

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts