Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,404 Posts
@MWW
But you mean the real floppy

View attachment 352898

or these not so floppy ones?

View attachment 352899

:D
Oh I had both! The former was from an Apple II computer my older cousin gave me. I used it to play games on it, the very old ones (yet fun!). A game called Chivalry was among my favourites. A bit like Monopoly but no property buying, it's a board party game in electronic format with minigames. Charming in its day, and I still love the pre 8-bit sound.

And of course they had Loderunner

·
Registered
26,043 Posts
I still have a DVD + VHS player connected to my tv. Never used blu-ray etc. I like DVDs and have many of them, although I have nothing against streaming.

I'm also using mp3-players for music and do the drag&drop from pc to player. I would never use my phone for music. I also buy CDs from bands I like a lot, especially when I expect good booklets, but no vinyl or cassettes at the moment. If I started using vinyl now, it would propably end up getting very expensive for me.

I wonder whether I would still play some of the nostalgic PC games from the 90s if it was possible. I probably haven't played anyhing in 15+ years.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I've got a very sizeable music CD collection, never listen them since like 10yrs or maybe more. When mp3 players appeared I copied the CDs to PC and then to mp3. Then YT and streaming era arrived so when I feel like listening to some of my oldies I just find it on Youtube while touching the real thing, read the booklet, etc if Im home. I used the, I think, first music streaming there was: Pandora. It was free LoL. I don't use spotify.

·
Registered
14,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Guy went to Iceland, had a time of his life and now complains how MTF looks xD
It's not mutually exclusive, you know?

Otherwise, playing Mario Maker 2 on Switch and enjoying the hell out of the stages created on the old Super Mario Bros. games should count, right?

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Gonna give 2020 a chance, right? 2019 in tennis has been awful on an emotional standpoint, for me, so I'll try 2020 with 0 expectations and even lower expectations for this forum.
I was meaning to ask you, what do you think of this news? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50712826

You were a huge Mélenchon fan back in the day, was this a political act or genuine sentence?

·
Registered
14,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I was meaning to ask you, what do you think of this news? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50712826

You were a huge Mélenchon fan back in the day, was this a political act or genuine sentence?
I was a supporter, not a fan.

What I think of this? Nothing, he got what he deserved. His temperament is awful, it hurts an otherwise great political agenda. Someone else needs to become the "leader" of this Insoumis movement. Nothing else to say, really.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts

'Political act'? If you show up in the middle of a police search and try to forcefully break in, physically shoving the police... you are in troubles. You didn't see the vid? It was flagrant and there were cameras, so it ran in the news all over the world. Guy is abviously an arseclown of galactic proportions.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I
It's not mutually exclusive, you know?

Otherwise, playing Mario Maker 2 on Switch and enjoying the hell out of the stages created on the old Super Mario Bros. games should count, right?
I think I was quite obvious with teasing. Why is everything here taken personally all of a sudden. I wish I went there tbh., lucky you.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,404 Posts
I

I think I was quite obvious with teasing. Why is everything here taken personally all of a sudden. I wish I went there tbh., lucky you.
Hush now, he is probably not being personal. Once you get to know him, you will find Ace Pounder does not go down the straight route; rather he is a major tease himself. 😉

·
Registered
14,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I

I know you were joking, babe. That was me teasing you back.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I know you were joking, babe. That was me teasing you back.
Too many layers of sarcasm for my modest IQ o_Oo_Oo_O

I am easily triggered nowadays for some reason, sorry.

Welcome back babe.

·
Registered
14,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Feeling nostalgic about Federer winning slams, tonight. I'm in the mood for crying, so I am playing Best of Federer videos on YouTube with OTT classical music.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts