4 ✓Raven Klaasen
✓Michael Venus

5 ✓Jean-Julien Rojer
✓Horia Tecău

6 ✓Rajeev Ram
✓Joe Salisbury

8(Grand Slam Place) ✓Pierre Hugues Herbert
✓Nicolas Mahut

The last place will either go to the Bryans or maybe another team who must at the least reach the Bercy Final

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
1 ✓Juan Sebastián Cabal
✓Robert Farah

2 ✓Łukasz Kubot
✓Marcelo Melo

3 ✓Kevin Krawietz
✓Andreas Mies

4 ✓Raven Klaasen
✓Michael Venus

5 ✓Jean-Julien Rojer
✓Horia Tecău

6 ✓Rajeev Ram
✓Joe Salisbury

8(Grand Slam Place) ✓Pierre Hugues Herbert
✓Nicolas Mahut

The last place will either go to the Bryans or maybe another team who must at the least reach the Bercy Final
Hope it will be Horacio Zeballos (with Marcel Grannolers). Also Hora can be first argentinian to participate in London in double's section) EVER!!!

But it will be really hard task as Zeba and Gran must to beat Murray.

·
Registered
951 Posts
According to the doubles race on the official site, the Bryans "decide to end 2019 season, no longer in contention."

https://www.nittoatpfinals.com/en

So looking like Dodig / Polasek, most likely, though Chardy / Martin and Murray / Skupski are still alive in Paris..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dodig and Polasek earn the last spot

Does anyone know a time and date for the Draw Ceremony ???

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SCHEDULE - SUNDAY, 10 NOVEMBER 2019

CENTRE COURT start 12:00 noon
[4] R. Ram (USA) / J. Salisbury (GBR) vs [5] R. Klaasen (RSA) / M. Venus (NZL)

Not Before 6:00 pm
[2] L. Kubot (POL) / M. Melo (BRA) vs [8] I. Dodig (CRO) / F. Polasek (SVK)

SCHEDULE - MONDAY, 11 NOVEMBER 2019

CENTRE COURT start 12:00 noon
[3] K. Krawietz (GER) / A. Mies (GER) vs [6] J. Rojer (NED) / H. Tecau (ROU)

Not Before 6:00 pm
[1] J. Cabal (COL) / R. Farah (COL) vs [7] P. Herbert (FRA) / N. Mahut (FRA)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tuesday

The 2 winners from Sunday play
and the 2 losers

Wednesday

The 2 winners from Monday play
and the 2 losers

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
So pleased Dodig and Polasek scaped in they've been working well this year and much happier to watch them than the Bryans who may be thinking of packing it in next year.

·
Registered
86 Posts
anyone watched yesterday's evening session match?

At 1st set 4-3 30-40 Kubot's serve,after a volley Marcelo possibly thought the point was over and just turned around walked to baseline,but then their opponents immediately complained this to chair umpire and chair umpire said some word I didn't make sense of it and they were broke back directly....

just...first time ever I saw this kind of way to loss a point?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
anyone watched yesterday's evening session match?

At 1st set 4-3 30-40 Kubot's serve,after a volley Marcelo possibly thought the point was over and just turned around walked to baseline,but then their opponents immediately complained this to chair umpire and chair umpire said some word I didn't make sense of it and they were broke back directly....

just...first time ever I saw this kind of way to loss a point?
it's called hindrance. it's in the rulebook.

for some weird reason, Melo incorrectly stopped play which distracted Dodig/Polasek. Hence the umpire (Ali Nili) called hindrance and awarded the point to Dodig/Polasek.

This makes me think of Monfils, who also sometimes does this intentionally, that is, make it look like he stopped play. Never saw a hindrance called there though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
it's called hindrance. it's in the rulebook.

View attachment 352529

for some weird reason, Melo incorrectly stopped play which distracted Dodig/Polasek. Hence the umpire (Ali Nili) called hindrance and awarded the point to Dodig/Polasek.

This makes me think of Monfils, who also sometimes does this intentionally, that is, make it look like he stopped play. Never saw a hindrance called there though.
OK,thanks for the explanation...I almost only watch doubles this year and this is the first time I saw this situation?

·
Registered
26,061 Posts
It's a fine line. Last year, Moutet won a point when Maden missed the next shot after Moutet raised his finger (showing that he thought a ball was out (and there was no hawkeye)). That should be a hindrance imo. What I don't agree with is that a player is not allowed to turn around or stop moving. It's an unnatural move, but why is it a hindrance? It's an advantage for the other player, he just has to make a ball.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Another question...In my country,TV rarely show doubles and I think I'm very fine only have online doubles broadcast...

So just curious,from RR1 to RR2,due to Marcelo's retweet,I see plenty of Brazil fans complaining about their TV not showing doubles,here is my question,are Brazilians just care about whether TV show the doubles matches so much,or their TV transmit and online transmit has the same contractor so not showing in TV means can't watch online unless they have TennisTV...

·
Registered
26,061 Posts
Sickening choke from the Finns. From triple match point, 5 missed serves from Heliövaara and a missed high volley from PNS on the third. Would have been a good win.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Wow, Herbert/Mahut just demolished the whole field, won the tournament without losing a single set.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,519 Posts
Amazing, they weren't even a committed duo this year and they still managed to win a Slam, a Masters, and the Finals.
Their skills just sublime.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts