Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nitto ATP finals RR: Anderson def. Thiem 6-3 7-6 (10)

Kandy was much better in the 1st set and could have won 6-2 or 6-1 (multiple break chances).
In the 2nd set it got tight (Thiem upped his level) but Kandy was very clutch at the end of the tie-break (3 consecutive aces and forehand DTL to get decisive mini-break).

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
First set was pretty straightforward and I was heavily disappointed with Thiem. Second set was a thing of beauty and tiebreak was very good and dramatic. Good start for the WTF :yeah: Anderson FTW !

·
Administrator
6,072 Posts
First set Anderson had several chances to go up a double break, and after the first game was never troubled on serve.

Second set Thiem held more comfortable and had chances near the end. It was a nice winner from Anderson to get the decisive minibreak at 10-10.

·
justice for all
13,124 Posts
@Lukasgigler 100% agreed on Anderson, he'll choke badly when he'll play either Gymnast or Fed.

Dominic was a better player in the 2nd set. Pity he wasted a few golden opportunities to take it to a decider cause he would prevail in the longer distance.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
kandy could be quite dangerous if he keeps that serving display up and running, well above 130 miles on first delivery is no joke here at the O2.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Sadly thought this was coming, Kandy indoors is no joke. Thiem now has to be careful to not go 0-3 in his group as the other matches won't get any easier.

·
Super Moderator
8,200 Posts
KAndy looked splendid today, Thiem wasn't playing bad at all in the second set. Probably one of his better displays on hc even, but still not enough against the true GOAT.

Federer next I guess, chances aren't too bad. With today's form he deffo has a chance to beat Fed

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
NID result on a fastish indoor court, given their respective form. KAndy has earned my respect this year. His return has improved significantly an his mentality even more so, which lead to cutting down on the UE's. He is indeed dangerous.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Another stupid loss for Dominic. In the 1st he was freezed because of the pressure and played horrible. In the 2nd set, he was a different player, but didn't take his chances. I predict Dominator will peak for a match vs Roger lol.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,623 Posts
Thiem definitely had minor openings in set 2 but couldn'tpush through. Every pt counts especially facing that missile of a serve.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts