Arthur Ashe 12.00 NOON Start

1. Men's Singles - Semis
Robby Ginepri (USA)
vs. Andre Agassi (USA)[7]

Not Before 3:00 PM
2. Men's Singles - Semis
Roger Federer (SUI)[1]
vs. Lleyton Hewitt (AUS)[3]

Since there are two americans playing in one semi, this is very surprising, it's obvious what they're trying to do. All the way back to Agassi's section playing first on the Monday.

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
uNIVERSE mAN said:
Since there are two americans playing in one semi, this is very surprising, it's obvious what they're trying to do. All the way back to Agassi's section playing first on the Monday.
so?! if he makes the final i'd rather he was rested slightly. he has had tougher matches. him and ginepri both and it should be a tougher match than the hewitt-federer. the schedule makes perfect sense!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah but do they always do that? of course not! if they were consistent then I would say ok. But two americans are playing, why the F is that not in the prime time slot??? That's the stupid part.

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
uNIVERSE mAN said:
Yeah but do they always do that? of course not! if they were consistent then I would say ok. But two americans are playing, why the F is that not in the prime time slot??? That's the stupid part.
federer-hewitt is actually the bigger match....

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
federer express said:
so?! if he makes the final i'd rather he was rested slightly. he has had tougher matches. him and ginepri both and it should be a tougher match than the hewitt-federer. the schedule makes perfect sense!
leyton/Roge cannot be penalized because andre has needed 5 sets to win his matches. There is nothing fair about this, but it is understandable that they want to give the older man more time to recuperate. Unfortunately, if his is a long 5-setter and Roge/leyton's is a short 3-setter, it will not be of much help. Nevertheless, USTA has routinely shcheduled US players' matches with the most preferential timings --it is understandable why, but it is not fair.

·
F***ing have it
17,678 Posts
Hello! All Grand Slams will do as much as they can to help the local players :yawn: This is nothing. Did u already forget 2003? That was a freaky pro-Duck schedule :shrug:

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
federer express said:
federer-hewitt is actually the bigger match....
Not to USTA and the american audience!!!! Not by far
We saw the cool reception Roge/nalbandi and hewitt/neiminen got yesterday. It was incomparable to the love and hysteria that blake/agassi got.

In any event: until late last night, as per "normal" scheduling, Roger would go first. This is a new tweak to the schedule designed for andre to have more rest should it come to that

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
alfonsojose said:
Hello! All Grand Slams will do as much as they can to help the local players :yawn: This is nothing. Did u already forget 2003? That was a freaky pro-Duck schedule :shrug:
have you forgotten how wimbledon has managed to fix the draw for henman every year for the last decade :p

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
R.Federer said:
leyton/Roge cannot be penalized because andre has needed 5 sets to win his matches. There is nothing fair about this, but it is understandable that they want to give the older man more time to recuperate. Unfortunately, if his is a long 5-setter and Roge/leyton's is a short 3-setter, it will not be of much help. Nevertheless, USTA has routinely shcheduled US players' matches with the most preferential timings --it is understandable why, but it is not fair.
Exactly! That's the point I'm trying to make. Whatever gives the americans the best chance.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The USTA knew by starting the bottom half first since the Duck, Ginepri, Agassi or Blake get through they have a two day rest window for the semis. The top half always goes first, they did that in the women's. This is blatant bullshit.

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
uNIVERSE mAN said:
The USTA knew by starting the bottom half first since the Duck, Ginepri, Agassi or Blake get through they have a two day rest window for the semis. The top half always goes first, they did that in the women's. This is blatant bullshit.
like i said, every year at wimbledon henman seems to get a guy who has never even seen a grass court before...

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
uNIVERSE mAN said:
Yea, they're even contradicting themselves --they said as late as last night that being the big match, andre's match would go second. I am sure Gil and cahill have made some well placed calls to USTA.

Nevertheless, there is only so much that a few additional hours can help or hurt change the balance between a 24 year old body that has played no 5 set matches and a tiring 35 year old body that has played 2. Hopefully, this does not affect the outcome --or detract from andre if he were to win the F.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
federer express said:
like i said, every year at wimbledon henman seems to get a guy who has never even seen a grass court before...
Yes, that too is unfair. It doesn't make USTA fair just because W also does it. Only pointing out that the system should find a better balance. I don't think Armstrong is a tiny stadium that they cannot do concurrent Semis. Better, give them a day of rest and have it on Friday

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
R.Federer said:
Yea, they're even contradicting themselves --they said as late as last night that being the big match, andre's match would go second. I am sure Gil and cahill have made some well placed calls to USTA.

Nevertheless, there is only so much that a few additional hours can help or hurt change the balance between a 24 year old body that has played no 5 set matches and a tiring 35 year old body that has played 2. Hopefully, this does not affect the outcome --or detract from andre if he were to win the F.
yes, those extra few hours would really detract from agassi's achievement if he did win...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
federer express said:
yes, those extra few hours would really detract from agassi's achievement if he did win...

:rolleyes:
Yes, it could. If Roge's match were to become a very long 5-setter it very well could

Did you ever read the press after agassi won the 2nd match before his last USO final with Pete and then lost the final? Many fingers pointed squarely to his longer lasting and later-scheduled match :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts