Mens Tennis Forums banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Wow, Marat really surprised me by how well he played all through this tourney. Finally, he shows me why he deserves to be in the top 3....whereas the past several months I think he didn't even deserve to be in the top 20 with those sucky performances :eek:

Anyways, Congrats to Marat Safin on his first title of the year.

Notice how well he plays if he keeps his "emotions" in check.;)

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Another pic of the winner :)

Russian Marat Safin holds the winner's trophy after winning the final of the Paris Masters indoor tennis tournament, Sunday Nov. 3, 2002. Safin defeated Australian Lleyton Hewitt, 7-6, 6-0, 6-4. (AP Photo/Remy de la Mauviniere)

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
:D

** ALTERNATIVE CROP FOR XFM104 ** Marat Safin of Russia reacts after he defeated Lleyton Hewitt of Australia during their final tennis match at the Paris Masters indoor tennis tournament, Sunday Nov. 3, 2002. Safin won the match 7-6, 6-0, 6-4. (AP Photo/Francois Mori)

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
About to speak

Russia's Marat Safin holds up the trophy after defeating Lleyton Hewitt of Australia (background) in the finals of the tennis Masters Paris ATP indoor tournament at Bercy'stadium, November 3, 2002. Safin won 7-6 6-0 6-4. REUTERS/Xavier Lhospice

·
Registered
496 Posts
I thought the trophy looks diff.?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
From the interview:

" Q. Fabrice Santoro said before the match that this final was going to be the No. 1 player in the world against the best player in the world. What do you think about that?

MARAT SAFIN: Thanks, Fabrice. Thanks very much. I still love him too ‑ very much. He's even better, he beat me six times (laughter). "

;)

101 - 112 of 112 Posts