Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems he has a lot of optional tournaments that he can earn ranking points for, but I notice he doesn't have an official site, anyone know his schedule for the rest of the year?

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
I imagine he would play Japan Open, well he did last year, and maybe Bangkok as it attracts a lot of big names, as well as Madrid, Paris and the TMC.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
He's not entered in Bangkok. Does anyone know whether Lleyton will play any European optional tournaments this year?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
He entered Bangkok, don't know after that

edit: oh no sorry, thought we were talking about Federer

Hewitt isn't playing in Bejing or Bangkok btw

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Yeah, I don't know. I'm just hoping he makes TMC, but that might not happen. Looks like he's not going out of his way to play much besides the grand slams and maybe a few small tournaments here and there. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
So is it basically guaranteed now that the seedings for the USO are Federer, nadal, hewitt, roddick in that order?

jtipson....

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
mitalidas said:
So is it basically guaranteed now that the seedings for the USO are Federer, nadal, hewitt, roddick in that order?

jtipson....
Yes, assuming they follow the ranking list as usual :)
Next are Safin, Davydenko, Agassi, Coria.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
jtipson said:
Yes, assuming they follow the ranking list as usual :)
Next are Safin, Davydenko, Agassi, Coria.

And, aside from Fed/nadal on opposite sides, there is no subplot for #3, #5, etc on Fed's half and #2, #4 on nadal's half--is that right?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
mitalidas said:

And, aside from Fed/nadal on opposite sides, there is no subplot for #3, #5, etc on Fed's half and #2, #4 on nadal's half--is that right?
3 and 4 will of course be on opposite sides too, but apart from that, no.

I'd pretty much lay a bet that Roddick will end up in the bottom half, and Hewitt and Safin in the top though. But that's just me being suspicious.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
jtipson said:
3 and 4 will of course be on opposite sides too, but apart from that, no.

I'd pretty much lay a bet that Roddick will end up in the bottom half, and Hewitt and Safin in the top though. But that's just me being suspicious.
I am with you. I have always believed that the "random" draw is not.
But I am very curious to see whether they use the few cheating chips they have to favor roddick or agassi.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love how Safin is compared to the other four, heh. He's not in shape by a long shot, he's gone in first three rounds.

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Oh, dear, another US Open, another round of the "draw is rigged" posts. Here's the explanation of how the US Open draw is done.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=731784&postcount=16

You're going to have to believe that the USTA, the ATP, the WTA, the ITF, and the major tennis media are all in a grand conspiracy together if you want to maintain that the draw is rigged.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Socket said:
Oh, dear, another US Open, another round of the "draw is rigged" posts. Here's the explanation of how the US Open draw is done.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=731784&postcount=16

You're going to have to believe that the USTA, the ATP, the WTA, the ITF, and the major tennis media are all in a grand conspiracy together if you want to maintain that the draw is rigged.
Come again --nadal is NOT the #2 seed for the USO? Is that what your correspondence from tennisweek said? I thikn everyone on this thread assumed otherwise

And yes, I would not put a grand right-wing conspiracy out of question. Money talks and money walks

1 - 20 of 33 Posts