Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems that new stick is working great for him

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah but that was good win for him , maybe hiring coach and changing racquet will help go comeback to Top10

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
There were a lot of good rallies but they usually ended with an error. I'm happy that Lleyton won but I was hoping JCF could get some points here since he has a lot to defend next week. Stupid draw.:mad:

What new racquet is Lleyton using?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yep, alot of good rallies but Lleyton was the one that always got the points. I would've liked a better match. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either.

Hewitt will be back in the top 10 next year, I feel. Should be a fiery encounter with James Blake next after their past.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Not a bad match. Hewitt was pretty solid and more aggressive, though he did have a couple of service games that he was a bit lucky to get out of. It wasn't total smooth sailing. Ferrero wasn't quite as good as he needed to be today, it's that simple. Too many UEs, really, from him, and at times too content to let Hewitt dictate the terms in the rallies.

The better player today won, really.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
There were a lot of good rallies but they usually ended with an error. I'm happy that Lleyton won but I was hoping JCF could get some points here since he has a lot to defend next week. Stupid draw.:mad:

What new racquet is Lleyton using?
RQiS 1-Tour , much different than his RDS 001 Mid, and it is not a paintjob (I am not 100% certain I need to see pics) cos he will be using it during UsOpen and has totally different shape. And I have played both and change is dramatic. More power for sure but it is strange because if he wanted more power he could have changed from RDS001 Mid to RDS001 Mid-plus.

a little lighter (5g) wider beam, bigger headsize , and new paintjob which looks like sith lightsaber (black/red) and it is more oval than other Yonexes

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, for a second there, I thought you were commenting on Tony Roche's appearance. :)
no , but new raqcuet should give him more firepower

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
I thought it was a very enjoyable match, the first set especially. Both players were trying to out-guess the other, it was an interesting tactical battle. In the end, Hewitt's mental edge at the start of the 2nd set proved to be the difference.

I was delighted to see JCF playing aggressively in many rallies. He didn't get the result today but he's clearly at his best when he takes risks and tries to control the points. Unfortunately he just doesn't have, and probably never will have, the consistency that he use to. Peter Femming summed it up perfectly, he always was an aggressive player but now he misses whereas he didn't before.

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
good match, the only difference being that Lleyton actually hit harder . JCF really needs to bulk up if he wants to become an elite player

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
good match, the only difference being that Lleyton actually hit harder . JCF really needs to bulk up if he wants to become an elite player
He was not bulkier when he was number 1.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Haven't seen JC hitting so many UEs lately... :sad:
He was the more attacking player, especially in the first set. His FH had good depth, and his drop shots and volleys were pretty good.
But he either went for too much or played too tentatively when he had chances like those two 0-30s on Lleyton's serve in the second set. His BH sucked too, except for a couple of nice dtl winners.
Lletyon was more defensive in the first set, but from the TB he found angles and his shot selection became better and better as the match went on. He was hitting pretty hard in the second set and it worked.

There were some good rallies that reminded me of many great matches these two had played in the past.
Too bad JC lost, even worse they had to face each other in the first round... Now I hope Lleyton can at least reach QF here.
As for JC...good luck in defending those many points in Cincy next week! :rocker2:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
good match by Hewitt... and on the second set he did some amazing shots :yeah:
poor Juan :sad:
I like both...this shouldn't be a first round!! :eek:

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Maybe JCF didn't play a good enough match to get the W but he played the way in which he should be playing.

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :sad: :sad: Oh JC :sad: :sad: What went wrong, what went wrong :sad:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Well Done Lleyton, now you got through this match you could a good chance to at least make the quarters, don't stuff this one up lleyton.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts