Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
12,548 Posts
Slasher is beat source

·
Rankings Master
16,076 Posts
So the information from Sky Germany is wrong?
No, the highest ranked doubles Alternate IS the procedure after the draw is released. I was pointing they are not called LL. They also get 50% of prize money, a split with the retired player.

·
Registered
22,448 Posts
Too bad Matkowski isn't top 10 anymore, but I will settle for Rampras.

Realistically 38-year-old Mahut is the only high-ranked doubles player who wouldn't be a total embarrassment.

·
MONSOON season.
82,377 Posts
Too bad Matkowski isn't top 10 anymore, but I will settle for Rampras.

Realistically 38-year-old Mahut is the only high-ranked doubles player who wouldn't be a total embarrassment.
It's based on the singles ranking of the doubles player. Matkowski would never have been a contender for the ALT spot.

And I disagree re Mahut. What about Granollers? Bolelli? Zeballos? Even Roger-Vasselin, Melzer, Farah, Dodig, Ram, Kubot and Krawietz could be OK.

·
Registered
22,448 Posts
It's based on the singles ranking of the doubles player. Matkowski would never have been a contender for the ALT spot.

And I disagree re Mahut. What about Granollers? Bolelli? Zeballos? Even Roger-Vasselin, Melzer, Farah, Dodig, Ram, Kubot and Krawietz could be OK.
Ah, ok. Well, in that case Mahut wouldn't be the only one to realistically consider. Although most of those guys haven't played at Grand Slam singles level in years and some of them never have.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Entry List Updates
@EntryLists

US Open update: OUT: Paire IN: Granollers (ALT, will play against Majchrzak)

fyi they're using doubles guys as alts once draw was made

if paire dropped out before draw opelka would have been a seed which hurts goffin who drew opelka

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Entry List Updates
@EntryLists

US Open update: OUT: Paire IN: Granollers (ALT, will play against Majchrzak)

fyi they're using doubles guys as alts once draw was made

if paire dropped out before draw opelka would have been a seed which hurts goffin who drew opelka
Goffin loves playing big servers. If Opelka is still bothered by his knee i doubt he will get through David Goffin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts