Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RG2004- he lost to Koubek who then tested positive for steroid use
RG2005- he lost to Puerta...

he feels cheated because there is nothing he can do to protect himself. he doesn't feel that the itf is doing a good job with testing players. here's the whole article in croatian. he's considering a law suit.

- Prema L'Equipeu, ispada da sam drugi put zaredom u Roland Garrosu izgubio od igrača koji je pao na doping testu. Lani je to bio Austrijanac Stefan Koubek, sada Mariano Puerta. Tekst je na trećoj strani uz listu svih Argentinaca koji su bili pozitivni. Ostao sam šokiran. Sada razmišljam o načinu na koji se zaštititi, jer ovo mi se već drugi put događa u Parizu. Kada na Olimpijskim igrama padneš na doping kontroli, izgubiš recimo broncu, koja pripadne četvrtom. No, na turnirima nemaš zaštitu. Što je s onima koji su izgubili od onih koji su bili pozitivni na kontroli? U Parizu ove godine mogao sam proći dva, tri kola, ždrijeb je bio sasvim solidan, ako isključim prvo kolo. Puerta... Mora ti proći kroz glavu to što je proveo 18 i pol sati na terenu, a ispao je najizdžljiviji s onakvom konstitucijom. Ne želim prejudicirati, ali ako se sve pokaže točnim, razmišljam o tužbi ITF-a. Konzultirat ću se s odvjetnicima po tom pitanju. Svi se pokušavamo boriti, a poslije ovakvih slučajeva osjećamo se prevarenima. S dobrim rezultatom u Roland Garrosu danas sam mogao biti među deset najboljih na svijetu.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
too lazy lol. here the basic jist:

- ivan was shocked when he read l'equipe today
- he is worried that there is no way for players to proctect themselves against this. in the olympics, if someone who won a medal is caught for doping, the next player gets their medal, in tournaments a loss is a loss
- he feels like he could have won a couple of rounds in paris this year, he had a good draw except for the first round
- puerta was the fittest player after 18 1/2 hours on court because of what he supposedly took
- ivan doesn't want to judge ahead of time, but if puerta is found guilty, he is thinking about suing the itf.
- "we all try to fight and, after something like this, we feel cheated"
- "with a better result at rg, i could be in the top10 right now"

·
Registered
440 Posts
well first of all we do not know yet if puerta cheated even if he tested postivie really
and second of all puerta tested positive in the final
and lbjucic played puerta in first round so i do not know why lbjubicic is pissed with puerta

even i think koubek tested positive against nalbandian not against him

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cecilija said:
well first of all we do not know yet if puerta cheated even if he tested postivie really
and second of all puerta tested positive in the final
and lbjucic played puerta in first round so i do not know why lbjubicic is pissed with puerta

even i think koubek tested positive against nalbandian not against him
they don't test players after every match. some players only get test a couple of times a year

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
thanks croat123

I doubt he'd have much of a case to be honest, I understand why he'd feel hard done by but I can't see them dishing out money to every player Puerta has beaten.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Ljubicic should keep his mouth closed until there's official statements from ITF and RG.

Yes, he lost to Puerta in first round but it's still 'what if'. He might have a good draw but didn't mean he would pass 2nd round. Moreover, he might still lost to Puerta whether he's doped or not.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I think this is more than just a little inappropriate of Ljubicic. The reports are not yet official.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
Lee said:
Ljubicic should keep his mouth closed until there's official statements from ITF and RG.

Yes, he lost to Puerta in first round but it's still 'what if'. He might have a good draw but didn't mean he would pass 2nd round. Moreover, he might still lost to Puerta whether he's doped or not.
i guess we will never know, cuz of a cheater, who knows he might of won, that match and made it to the final. we will never know :)

when Puerta is found guilty, all this winning from RG-present should be donated to charity.

·
Banned
156 Posts
Loserbitch needs to STFU, steroids or powerful stimulants are of marginal benefot to tennis players, those that take them are really kidding themselves. Loserbitch would not have won those matches anyway.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
JerrySeinfeld said:
i guess we will never know, cuz of a cheater, who knows he might of won, that match and made it to the final. we will never know :)

when Puerta is found guilty, all this winning from RG-present should be donated to charity.
"When Puerta is found guilty". You already sentenced him when the trial has not yet started.

I personally think it's very likely that Puerta is guilty but I will not judge him NOW and sentenced him. Let's wait and see.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
evanzo said:
Loserbitch needs to STFU, steroids or powerful stimulants are of marginal benefot to tennis players, those that take them are really kidding themselves. Loserbitch would not have won those matches anyway.
:haha: You have no idea with steroids do, do you? who needs power when you can run around the court for 5hours without a drop of sweat.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
Lee said:
"When Puerta is found guilty". You already sentenced him when the trial has not yet started.

I personally think it's very likely that Puerta is guilty but I will not judge him NOW and sentenced him. Let's wait and see.
once a cheater , always a cheater :)

·
F***ing have it
17,677 Posts
LjubiGod, get laid more frequently :p

·
Banned
3,208 Posts
croat123 said:
too lazy lol. here the basic jist:

- ivan was shocked when he read l'equipe today
- he is worried that there is no way for players to proctect themselves against this. in the olympics, if someone who won a medal is caught for doping, the next player gets their medal, in tournaments a loss is a loss
- he feels like he could have won a couple of rounds in paris this year, he had a good draw except for the first round
- puerta was the fittest player after 18 1/2 hours on court because of what he supposedly took
- ivan doesn't want to judge ahead of time, but if puerta is found guilty, he is thinking about suing the itf.
- "we all try to fight and, after something like this, we feel cheated"
- "with a better result at rg, i could be in the top10 right now"
Ljubicic hadn't made a great result in Paris not even being doped ..

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
croat123 said:
RG2004- he lost to Koubek who then tested positive for steroid use
RG2005- he lost to Puerta...

he feels cheated because there is nothing he can do to protect himself. he doesn't feel that the itf is doing a good job with testing players. here's the whole article in croatian. he's considering a law suit.

- Prema L'Equipeu, ispada da sam drugi put zaredom u Roland Garrosu izgubio od igrača koji je pao na doping testu. Lani je to bio Austrijanac Stefan Koubek, sada Mariano Puerta. Tekst je na trećoj strani uz listu svih Argentinaca koji su bili pozitivni. Ostao sam šokiran. Sada razmišljam o načinu na koji se zaštititi, jer ovo mi se već drugi put događa u Parizu. Kada na Olimpijskim igrama padneš na doping kontroli, izgubiš recimo broncu, koja pripadne četvrtom. No, na turnirima nemaš zaštitu. Što je s onima koji su izgubili od onih koji su bili pozitivni na kontroli? U Parizu ove godine mogao sam proći dva, tri kola, ždrijeb je bio sasvim solidan, ako isključim prvo kolo. Puerta... Mora ti proći kroz glavu to što je proveo 18 i pol sati na terenu, a ispao je najizdžljiviji s onakvom konstitucijom. Ne želim prejudicirati, ali ako se sve pokaže točnim, razmišljam o tužbi ITF-a. Konzultirat ću se s odvjetnicima po tom pitanju. Svi se pokušavamo boriti, a poslije ovakvih slučajeva osjećamo se prevarenima. S dobrim rezultatom u Roland Garrosu danas sam mogao biti među deset najboljih na svijetu.
:haha: :haha: :haha: at the title!!

Was it an intentional play on words?

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Ljubicic lost in straight sets to Puerta, I guess he thinks the illegal substance that Puerta may have been on would have changed the result. I doubt it.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
(a) - It is doubtful Ljubo will have a case - "floodgates theory."

(b) - I doubt he would have beaten Puerta, high on stimulants or not.

(c) Top 10 - kiss my ass! I had this argument with pretty much all of Croatia ( :haha: :hugs: ) in March / April - Ljubo is not top 10 material anyway because, on the whole, he is piss poor in the mandatory events.

Case closed - pardon the pun! ;)

PS - Fonzo - :worship: :lol:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts