Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is her "singing" at the 2007 USO ceremony. I was cringing the whole time. Enjoy.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Jingoism at its absolute worst!

·
RAVE ON
19,458 Posts
Thanks for that. I missed the original. Considering that Liza practically had to learn to talk again after suffering a stroke, I think her performance was close to miraculous. Sure, she slurred a little, but a stroke will do that. In fact, she hit almost every note perfectly.

I suspect you were just cringing because some idiot forgot to write ''KOSOVO IS SERBIA'' on the flag.

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
The U.S. Open consistently gets good artists to sing songs that are completely unflattering to them, in arrangements that are even more unflattering to them. It's quite a talent.

Why not get Liza to sing New York, New York? Or have Carole King sing in an intimate arrangement (just piano, or guitar) rather than making her try to belt in front of a large ensemble? (duh)

·
RAVE ON
19,458 Posts
The U.S. Open consistently gets good artists to sing songs that are completely unflattering to them, in arrangements that are even more unflattering to them. It's quite a talent.
But isn't it always ''God Bless America?" I thought Liza was pretty ingenious when she made the second half of the arrangement sound like something from Cabaret. But I agree, it's Liza and its NY NY, the song choice was obvious.

Time is running out, but I hope to see Little Richard invited to do it. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts