Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 3933 Posts

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
i still consider marius to be someone who's underachieved by a fair amount so far. i'd love to see this event spring board him to more consistant results next year. i have to admit i wouldn't mind seeing him win either..even if it would be really random. but if basilashvili can win 2 500's then why not

maybe he can be someone who has a late career surge

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,608 Posts
4/10...this is one of Kei's worst net performances to date especially when you consider his net win rate against Federer and Djokovic this year. Perhaps he is showing a little bit of mental fatigue. Certainly Kukushkin is making him play many more difficult shots compared to Thiem.

·
52,608 Posts
i still consider marius to be someone who's underachieved by a fair amount so far. i'd love to see this event spring board him to more consistant results next year. i have to admit i wouldn't mind seeing him win either..even if it would be really random. but if basilashvili can win 2 500's then why not

maybe he can be someone who has a late career surge
that would be really nice. Good personality, interesting all court style

·
52,608 Posts
Kukushkin has held on well and even put pressure on every return game this set but is still down 5-2 for his effort.

·
52,608 Posts
His ground game has always been top 5-10.Its mostly the serve that let's him down.
ironically his serve let him off the hook a few times in this match. Managed 5 aces or something (Kukushkin only hit 1).

Unfortunately the big players put so much pressure, he can never quite serve as fluidly against them. The best he had was an 86% first serve rate against Djokovic in Rome first set this year (which he wrapped up 6-2) but it wouldn't last.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
ironically his serve let him off the hook a few times in this match. Managed 5 aces or something (Kukushkin only hit 1).

Unfortunately the big players put so much pressure, he can never quite serve as fluidly against them. The best he had was an 86% first serve rate against Djokovic in Rome first set this year (which he wrapped up 6-2) but it wouldn't last.
If there's a player remind me of Nalby is Nishy.

He's a true Samurai, fighting the ones with gunpowder (big serve) :lol:

1 - 20 of 3933 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.