Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lima CH F: Christian Garin def. Pedro Sousa 6-4 6-4 (enters Top100)

Garin can't be beaten

This is Garin's 15th win in a row, including wins over some respectable names like Charlie Berlocq, Delbonis (twice) or Thiago Monteiro. This is also his 3rd challenger title in 4 weeks.

2013 junior RG champion (won against Sascha Zverev) is finally living up to the potential and will make a debut in Top100 next week - first time since Massu / Gonzo duo when Chile is going to have two Top100 players at once.

Vamos and I hope he makes some impact on ATP tour in 2019 as well.

·
10,285 Posts
This may be a first for a Challenger final having two people open up a thread at the same time. Outside of Ferrer.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hopefully we will see him on ATP level next year.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
With this win, Garin will enter for the first time in the top 100. :yeah:

When he won a match a Vina del Mar in 2013, defeating Lajovic here as 16 years old and then took a set to Chardy who was in the top 30, I expected it to be faster to be honest!

In my opinion, he had a kind draw this week, with no bad match-up for him. Still glad he overcame two matches where he was a set down. I guess he finally plays will full confidence right now.

I'm very curious to see him at the ATP level next year on clay, but also on quicker surfaces as he shown he's capable to get good results everywhere (like in Wimbledon those last 2 years).

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Big fan of Garin

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Very happy that Garin is entering the top 100 and will be automatically in the main draw of the GS next season, this guy has a huge potential, he can certainly break into the top 50 or more as Jarry did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts