Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets assume its Djokovic vs. Zverev in the finals. Rate the likeliness of Djokovic donating money if he wins...

• in straight sets
  • in five sets
  • being matchpoint down and still ending up winning

also IF he donates, how MUCH?

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
^^^ true that...give it to me. I'm not allergic to money

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
might go out on a limb here, but got a feeling he'd match the oath if playing zverev in the final and ends up winning. win-win situation, the crowds will go nuts regardless.

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
He'd do whatever it takes to get fake love from the crowd.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
...and if????

·
Premium Member
10,026 Posts
But can he donate the money without tax liability? Would both the Australian and Serbian governments want their cut, regardless?
Novak Djokovic is not a Serbian resident so he pays no Tax to Serbia, he lives in Monaco where there is no tax on incomes for strangers (except for French people*).

* General De Gaulle threatened Prince Raignier in the 50ies "if you give the opportunity to French people living in Monaco to escape French Tax, I will send my Army to invade you (sic)". But anyhow as next French Presidents have no balls, Switzerland and Belgium gave more or less the same small Tax opportunity to French people.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Alexander Zverev knows that he will eternally be known as the guy who did this, and he will earn the prize money back (and then some) in commercial work and endorsements.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I'm a firm believer than if you're going to donate money, you shouldn't even mention it or want recognition for it. Donating money should be anonymous.

Exactly—or pretty close to it. You don't necessarily have to hide what you did from your family or anything, but broadcasting it to the whole world implies the wrong motive.

Unfortunately, the motto of today's world seem to be:

If you can't brag about it on social media, why on earth would you do it? ;)

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Why does it ****ing bother anyone if someone donates money or not? I'm a firm believer than if you're going to donate money, you shouldn't even mention it or want recognition for it. Donating money should be anonymous.
Donating money should be spontaneous, no what if or but...

Anyway, it's not by donating money to greedy government that you will resuscitate all the dead animals or bring the bush back.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
He is already donating $20,000.00, the rest can go to his pet projects and Serbia. Australia should really fast-track investment in a long-term solution to mitigate these fires in times of drought.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
He will not openly top Zverev´s promise as it would seem he´s just doing it because the other firs did it. He will say something like "yes of course I will be working with my foundation to see what can I do for Australia and the animals and pets in danger".

Wether he donates or not, he will be the villian in the final

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Likelihood

:)
missing subtle albeit meaningful semantic differences is one of the drawbacks of multilinguals i suppose. a concern encountered not all too often within English speaking countries.

·
Registered
17,967 Posts
missing subtle albeit meaningful semantic differences is one of the drawbacks of multilinguals i suppose. a concern encountered not all too often within English speaking countries.
I would call that rather a setback, if you know what I mean.

Reactions: piaeftw

·
Registered
102 Posts
Donating money should be spontaneous, no what if or but...

Anyway, it's not by donating money to greedy government that you will resuscitate all the dead animals or bring the bush back.
Look I think that is true for a lot of cases.
I think sometimes however it's good to role model.

For instance my older sister would tell me how much she gave to charity.
And I decided to do the same.
I don't think I'd do it otherwise

1 - 20 of 24 Posts