Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
17,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having a job that pays you enough to provide for your family and not ever losing it so you can maintain it, have a decent 2 bedroom house, paying for a car and worse car insurance, getting a wife, taking care of kids, not falling too ill to prevent skyrocketing medical bills. It's too much man. I didn't signup for this shit. There should be a check out option. I'm fed up of life and now that Fed is basically retired, there's nothing to look forward to.

When one area of my life improves slightly, the other area worsens. When my work life improves my personal life sucks and vice versa. It's like juggling balls on a treadmill. I don't know how people do it but I cant.

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
This is an imaginary scenario in which you see yourself in the future?

Reactions: ballbashingmug

·
Registered
17,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is an imaginary scenario in which you see yourself in the future?
I guess these days you have to imagine having a wife and kids too!

·
Golddigger
17,205 Posts
Having a job that pays you enough to provide for your family and not ever losing it so you can maintain it, have a decent 2 bedroom house, paying for a car and worse car insurance, getting a wife, taking care of kids, not falling too ill to prevent skyrocketing medical bills. It's too much man. I didn't signup for this shit. There should be a check out option. I'm fed up of life and now that Fed is basically retired, there's nothing to look forward to.

When one area of my life improves slightly, the other area worsens. When my work life improves my personal life sucks and vice versa. It's like juggling balls on a treadmill. I don't know how people do it but I cant.
Keep the head up. Stay in the moment

Reactions: Snowwy

·
Registered
17,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep the head up. Stay in the moment
You're here from 2007? I thought you joined recently, like 2 years back. Thought you're a noob who climbed the ranks quickly.

Thanks for the advice. I heard a stand up comedian saying something like "I'm not worried about tomorrow as I have enough savings for it. I'm terrified of the day after."

• Haha
Reactions: NextGenKing

·
Golddigger
17,205 Posts
You're here from 2007? I thought you joined recently, like 2 years back. Thought you're a noob who climbed the ranks quickly.

Thanks for the advice. I heard a stand up comedian saying something like "I'm not worried about tomorrow as I have enough savings for it. I'm terrified of the day after."
2017. 2007 is a merged account i had for a day but had my real email. Long story.

·
Registered
17,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well you shouldn't have procreated if you are not doing so well financial wise.
I don't know if I'll ever be able to do well financially. At the same time having kids and a wife is necessary otherwise life is incomplete. Not saying you can't survive, but life is empty.

·
Golddigger
17,205 Posts
I don't know if I'll ever be able to do well financially. At the same time having kids and a wife is necessary otherwise life is incomplete. Not saying you can't survive, but life is empty.
Diff for diff people. What you need is a creation. A self employed side venture. Thus is only way to make money without having big degrees.

Reactions: slamjunky

·
Registered
17,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Diff for diff people. What you need is a creation. A self employed side venture. Thus is only way to make money without having big degrees.
Is buying a 7/11 a good idea?

·
Registered
17,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not really,it depends.

Acquring a franchise can be more than just putting in a shitload of hours and thus becoming a white elephant on your hands.
why is it hard work to own a 7/11? Isn't it just counting the money once it's up? People will always buy cigarettes and they wont goto Walmart for it. I really want to understand why it's hard.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
why is it hard work to own a 7/11? Isn't it just counting the money once it's up? People will always buy cigarettes and they wont goto Walmart for it. I really want to understand why it's hard.
Are you talking about buying one outright & then staying at home and not putting in any hours.... or 'obtaining' a franchise but steering the ship and working 70+ hours plus.

I've known a few people who did the latter eg Subway & other businesses and after 1-2 years they just said 'F..k it' and washed their hands with it.They got in way over their heads and just thought that running one & putting in heaps of hours was going to bring them success.It's not always that simple.

·
Registered
17,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are you talking about buying one outright & then staying at home and not putting in any hours.... or 'obtaining' a franchise but steering the ship and working 70+ hours plus.

I've known a few people who did the latter eg Subway & other businesses and after 1-2 years they just said 'F..k it' and washed their hands with it.They got in way over their heads and just thought that running one & putting in heaps of hours was going to bring them success.It's not always that simple.
The latter mate. Obtaining a franchise meaning buying or loaning a 7/11 or something similar that people use for their everyday lives. I thought it'll be easier than starting a business from scratch because I want to have my own business. I can't work for anyone specially now that I'm getting older.

Isn't 70 hours just about staying in the store and waiting for a customer to buy something? Not sure why that would be hard. Hard for me would be inventing a new product and competing with a business like Amazon or creating a phone and competing with brands like Apple, Samsung etc. I'm working 40-50 hours a week now, why would 20 extra hours be harder?

·
Premium Member
7,364 Posts
If you have a house, a car and a woman, you're doing decently.
I found that investing in your skill/career is the best thing you can do. You'll get to work less for higher pay, get better health(care), improve your women options.
Who says money doesn't buy happiness probably doesn't know how to use them.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts