Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hopefully he will get thru to the 2nd round where he will have to play Fed. At least I will be able to watch the match live. Willy good luck for the tournament.

·
Registered
862 Posts
If Willy gets thru to play Fed they have never met on clay which should be interesting. Let's hope Willy's wrist has healed properly. Glad he is not playing doubles.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I know for a fact that Fed fans are not happy with the draw either and are a bit concern that Willy will cause Fed problems. Let's hope so. Hope Willy's serve is working. BTW congrats to Fernando, Gisela and Rafa for winning their respective tournaments.

·
yawn
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him, but one match at a time so first it's "good luck for today!!" ;)

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Good luck Willy. Hopefully he can turn out an upset or two this week. I know he's not in top form yet, but it's quite possible that he'll find his rhythm relatively quickly.

Anyway, best of luck. Just put in a good effort and I'll be proud. :hug:

·
Yes, I am
21,208 Posts
vamos willy...too bad Roger is the 2nd round matchup :(...anyway first things first :rocker:
Demolish Naso !!!

·
Yes, I am
21,208 Posts
:scared: Willy....you better win :armed:
Who the hell is this Naso??

:rolls:
I don't know him :eek:

·
Registered
637 Posts
He is on TTC live at this moment, He lost the first set 7-6 and is up 4-2 in the second set. He looks in great shape.

:wavey::angel:

·
Registered
637 Posts
This Naso is 21 and 240'th in the world. Tat is all I have heard.

Canas won the 2'nd set 6-3.

They are starting their third hour of play.

The commentators are saying one player is struggling physically. I can't catch who, neither one appear to be. I will post it when I figure it out.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Canas is up 4-1 in the third. The youngster is looking tired and hot and Canas looks as he always does. Together, grounded and calm.

5-1 Canas

Canas won. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I only managed to see the third set (which is a good thing ;)) but he was playing very solid, He scared the hell out of me when he was cramping at the first game and was holding his thigh but thank god it turned out well, hope he's ok.

And WOW at 17/17 net points won, he should do that more often

Good Luck against federer

·
yawn
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Recorded the match because I wasn't home but followed the 3rd set live.

Tougher then expected but he did it :banana:

Good luck for the next round now!!!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Wow I went to bed as I live Perth, Australia and he had lost the 1st set and I prepared myself for a lost. Fantastic now he gets to play Fed. He will really have to play a lot better than he did today. Granted the weather conditions were lousy and the balls were prolly heavy. He didn't play in the 1st set. I know Willy always looks calm and in control on court even when he thinks about throwing his racket to the ground he pulls back. He did look good going into the net. Hope he uses this strategy against Federer.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Shit he lost, 1st set he didn't play so well. The 2nd set he played a lot better. Fed was just way too good today. I feel really sad for Willy as he was trying so hard and luck wasn't going his way. And he threw his racket which was great and usually he is quite restrained which showed that losing meant a lot to him. Fabiana wasn't in the stands. She was there yesterday. I really like Gaston he remained positive throughout.

·
Yes, I am
21,208 Posts
well it was the obvious result anyway...good effort in the 2nd set...if that dropshot did not end in willy's side...maybe we should have seen a third set...but that's history now :hug:

:bigclap: Bravo Willy for giving it all always!!

·
yawn
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I haven't watched it yet because I wasn't home so only had SB
But I recorded it so will be watching it later.

I liked to see the 1st serve % higher then usually and fortunately it wasn't a beatdown

Well, up to the next tournament ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts