Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Djokovic is not a natural net player, he feels most comfortable at the baseline.

Wouldn't say he's a bad doubles player though. I think he's just not that into it.

·
Premium Member
22,818 Posts
Fabio almost carried his sorry ass into the Indian Wells final earlier this year. Djokovic looked like a headless chicken in some moments.
Djokovic plays few matches per year at most and treats them as practice sessions, it would be a miracle if he were anything more than an average doubles player. Not to mention that his doubles partners are often his brothers or other random Serbian player.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
LMAO... I think it was Troicki's fault why they lost today... but having said that Djokovic natural game is maneuvering opponent around the court but he can't do that in doubles.

·
justice for all
21,896 Posts
It's pretty simple: doubles require more talent and touch - things Novack lacks, singles require more endurance - which he has in excess.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The net player takes away one of his favourite returns - right at the server's feet. Also I'd rather have him on the Ad side but Troickis forehand is too weak.

Rafa and Roger definitely look more natural doubles players.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

Really, they barely even play doubles.

Reactions: sav001

·
Premium Member
13,173 Posts
Fabio almost carried his sorry ass into the Indian Wells final earlier this year. Djokovic looked like a headless chicken in some moments.
I can attest to this.

I was close to front row for the doubles Semi Final and Fabio looked like a tennis tactician , while Djokovic looked like Jack Sock in Singles...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.