Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Djokovic is not a natural net player, he feels most comfortable at the baseline.

Wouldn't say he's a bad doubles player though. I think he's just not that into it.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
The other three don't have to play with Troicki tbf

·
Premium Member
21,213 Posts
Fabio almost carried his sorry ass into the Indian Wells final earlier this year. Djokovic looked like a headless chicken in some moments.
Djokovic plays few matches per year at most and treats them as practice sessions, it would be a miracle if he were anything more than an average doubles player. Not to mention that his doubles partners are often his brothers or other random Serbian player.

·
Banned
2,075 Posts
His net game isn’t very good compared to the other big 3 and of course, Djokosmash. His return could be a huge advantage though yet again returning in singles is different than in doubles. I think the other big 3 just have more experience and also better net games.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
LMAO... I think it was Troicki's fault why they lost today... but having said that Djokovic natural game is maneuvering opponent around the court but he can't do that in doubles.

·
justice for all
14,486 Posts
It's pretty simple: doubles require more talent and touch - things Novack lacks, singles require more endurance - which he has in excess.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The net player takes away one of his favourite returns - right at the server's feet. Also I'd rather have him on the Ad side but Troickis forehand is too weak.

Rafa and Roger definitely look more natural doubles players.

·
Registered
810 Posts

Really, they barely even play doubles.

Reactions: sav001

·
10,811 Posts
Fabio almost carried his sorry ass into the Indian Wells final earlier this year. Djokovic looked like a headless chicken in some moments.
I can attest to this.

I was close to front row for the doubles Semi Final and Fabio looked like a tennis tactician , while Djokovic looked like Jack Sock in Singles...

·
28,675 Posts
I think Nadal is the best doubles player in the world so there could be hope for a singles player like Djokovic one day maybe.

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
DJ doesn't have soft hands at the net. If a player hits at him hard, the ball bounces off his racquet into the stands.

It's a slight lack of talent.

·
Registered
101 Posts
While Djoker is extremely talented, his net game is rather sub par. Doubles requires a good net game. Thus, he's not very good.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts