·
Banned
15,396 Posts
More people from TT migrating here :yeah:

Welcome OddJack :)

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
Until someone wins the same amount of slams as Roger then the GOAT discussion is unnecessary. Simple as that, anybody who dares to say otherwise is an idiot.

Reactions: Guybrush

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
This argument was always pointless for the simple reason that comparing across eras is impossible. There is no GOAT.

Reactions: Mimi

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OddJack;n13304156 said:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

This has been a strange spring, because we have had snow. The courts that we play on are covered with white and fluffy snow. It has made the environment quieter that it should be, our balls have no bounce, the speed of the court is too slow, our Chair Umpires would not respond or communicate with us or even acknowledge the issue,

Time to move.

I have made the same user name over mens tennis forums .com

I have made a thread called: Let's Settle This Down

it's nice over there, check it out. It's free
Thats my post

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
This argument was always pointless for the simple reason that comparing across eras is impossible. There is no GOAT.
Yes there is. Roger has 17 slams, 3 more than anybody else. He is the GOAT.

·
Registered
22,230 Posts
Well, it's pretty much between three players: Laver, Gonzales and Rosewall.

·
Registered
19,596 Posts
Only deluded Fedtards and biased Nadulltards claimed that there was a GOAT in absolute sense.
Really difficult to compare eras (even with different raquets and string technology), so I pass this one.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
There's no such thing as the GOATime, only of an era.
Yes, there is. He's Swiss and currently holds 17 slams.
Rod Laver has 18. He is the GOAT.

Argument.
Wrong.
Only deluded Fedtards and biased Nadulltards claimed that there was a GOAT in absolute sense.
Really difficult to compare eras (even with different raquets and string technology), so I pass this one.
You mean how it was easier to win the major titles back in the 50s and 60s so they don't compare at all to the open era? Aye, I agree.

Honestly, Laver was great but his earlier wins don't mean much in the grand scheme of things when they were easier. I only look at results from the start of the open eras onwards when things became more difficult.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
this sounds plausible, although one can make an argument for roger (the only odd part is his h2h with nadal).

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
this sounds plausible, although one can make an argument for roger (the only odd part is his h2h with nadal).
There is no argument to be had. It's obvious Roger is the GOAT.

·
Registered
19,596 Posts
Yep, I think Slasher1985 just got really bored with the tardwar that was going on there. :eek:

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
And you compare him with Laver how exactly? There is no such thing as GOAT. Too many variables are not comparable. Even later generations it is impossible due to the fact that AO was not played by too many, so effectively generations competed in only three slams a year. There is no such thing as GOAT.

These discussions are usually completely useless bragging right wars by tards, who practically all don't know the last thing about 90s, let alone anything further back. On a rare occasion they spark genuine discussions that sheds some light on why people would favor someone, but remain inconlusive for the above mentioned reasons.

·
23,941 Posts
Just a question: does it really matter if we know whose the GOAT? Maybe this is sacrilege in a sports forum, but I never get how proving a fan's favorite player's greatness would do anything to the fan itself...I mean, cool, your player is the Greatest, but what does it prove to you?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts