Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 17-year old will play his first ever pro match tomorrow in Bergamo challenger, where he was drawn against Chun-Hsin Tseng from Taipei, another prodigy and multiple junior GS winner. What do you think will happen ? Is it the first match of a future goat or just a good story for tennis newspapers ?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this the first of many undeserved wildcards?
I think the name will just sell some tickets, I guess noone exactly knows what is the level of Leo. Tbh I am expecting a 0-6 1-6 beatdown, but we'll see.....

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I checked out his junior results on the ITF website - they're decent, he should win a few games at least. It will be interesting to see how he does in the long run as juniors is not always an accurate indication.

Btw, he acts as his father at the ages of 9-13 in the Borg vs. McEnroe movie. Very good movie and well worth watching for any tennis fan, although the movie focuses more on Borg than McEnroe.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
I checked out his junior results on the ITF website - they're decent, he should win a few games at least. It will be interesting to see how he does in the long run as juniors is not always an accurate indication.

Btw, he acts as his father at the ages of 9-13 in the Borg vs. McEnroe movie. Very good movie and well worth watching for any tennis fan, although the movie focuses more on Borg than McEnroe.
?

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Looks fugly. I know, it's in the eye of the beholder and so on but... a bad pic perhaps.

Has anyone seen him playing?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
best of luck to him

Reactions: WhistleCleaner

·
Registered
636 Posts
Lost 3-6 1-6 to Tseng, who, fun fact, is coached by Dominik Hrbaty.

Reactions: Johnny Groove

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
why play directly a challenger without some futures first

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Thread shud be IBBH, Is baby Borg handsome instead of WWW. Personally, I think he looks alright. Like a a pretty standard Swedish boy

·
Premium Member
20,682 Posts
Is this the first of many undeserved wildcards?
Aw, don't be like that. He shouldn't be given advantages because of who his father is; but he also shouldn't be disadvantaged because of who his father is (out of some misplaced attempt to ensure "fairness").

Is he really so undeserving compared to any other junior getting a WC?

Reactions: alypen
1 - 20 of 22 Posts