Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 441 Posts

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right before I get criticised for being sexist, just read the following.....

I was watching earlier on a woman attempting to do stand up comedy. She was extremely unfunny, and it got me thinking......

1) There are a lot more famous stand up comedians that are male.
2) In most scripted comedies, males are the main source of jokes.
3) How many funny women can you name?

As I say, I'm not being sexist I've just realised that in general, men seem to have been blessed with better humour than women. Maybe that was to make up for the added intelligence that women supposedly have ;)

·
F***ing have it
17,677 Posts
Re: Why are men funnier than women?

I think it's for the same reason men seem to enjoy hang out together than women. Men are taught or learn to use humor as a way to face fears, emotions or stuff that bothers us. Women are supossed to be correct, clean :shrug:

·
F***ing have it
17,677 Posts

Of course, i'm talking about percentages. I know lots of funny women (here in MTF there are a lot :bowdown: :kiss: )

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

alfonsojose said:
I think it's for the same reason men seem to enjoy hang out together than women. Men are taught or learn to use humor as a way to face fears, emotions or stuff that bothers us. Women are supossed to be correct, clean :shrug:
Possibly....Does that mean you agree with me?

·
Banned
14,727 Posts

Margaret Cho (funniest person on the planet, man or woman)
Phyllis Diller
Ellen DeGeneres
Jennifer Saunders
Bette Midler (she does stand-up believe it or not)
Janeane Garofalo
Sarah Silverman
Roseanne (although many people think she is terribly annoying, I don't)

just to name a few

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts

Blowe said:
Margaret Cho (funniest person on the planet, man or woman)
Phyllis Diller
Ellen DeGeneres
Jennifer Saunders
Bette Midler (she does stand-up believe it or not)
Janeane Garofalo
Sarah Silverman
Roseanne (although many people think she is terribly annoying, I don't)

just to name a few
there is 5 men for everyone of those.

Jerry Seinfeld is the funniest person of al time.

Dave chappelle 2nd

Dane Cook 3rd

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Has anyone heard of Peter Kaye? He's a British comedian, absolutely top drawer :worship:

·
Banned
7,319 Posts

Men are far more comedic than Women, yes it's true; only because most female comedians are butch and try too hard to subscribe to masculine humor.

Women are much more funny than men, when they are in their element and being themselves. I particulary find primadonna's very amusing, I enjoy the sort of diva attitude and often times they are much more clever than men.

Men have a bland outlook on life, women are much more versatile.

This coming from a heterosexual male himself. :) ( I point out heterosexual, because this post screams .... well ... you know. :)

·
Banned
14,727 Posts

I personally think Jerry Seinfeld is not, not, NOT funny.

Shall we then say that white people are funnier than black people because for every active black comedian there are probably at least 5 white comedians? or how about Black people are funnier than asian people because for every asian comedian there are at least 5 black comedians?

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Blowe said:
I personally think Jerry Seinfeld is not, not, NOT funny.

Shall we then say that white people are funnier than black people because for every active black comedian there are probably at least 5 white comedians? or how about Black people are funnier than asian people because for every asian comedian there are at least 5 black comedians?
Thats completely different, those are disproportionate races. Men/Women is pretty close to 50/50.

·
Banned
14,727 Posts

oh and lets not even talk about the groundbreaking roles in television that Mary Tyler Moore or Lucille Ball played

·
Banned
14,727 Posts

adee-gee said:
Thats completely different, those are disproportionate races. Men/Women is pretty close to 50/50.
women have been accepted as having a profession for a far shorter time than men have.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Blowe said:
women have been accepted as having a profession for a far shorter time than men have.
Oh come on, I hardly think thats an excuse :rolleyes:

·
Banned
14,727 Posts

thats because apparently you hardly think

·
Mom 2 2 Beauties
11,927 Posts

adee-gee said:
1) There are a lot more famous stand up comedians that are male.
There are a lot more famous men at [insert any profession here] than women. Period. Women just haven't gotten the opportunities men have over the years. I think the gap is closing, but there's a lot of history to be made up for.

Don't you mean...are the butt of most jokes (even when told by men)? ;) I think both you and Fonzie hit on some of it...humor is an 'accepted' way to deal with difficult situations...and y'all are just dumber than us and there's gotta be a reason for us to keep you around. j/k ;)

3) How many funny women can you name?
Not nearly as many as I can men...but here again, I believe that's mostly from lack of exposure rather than lack of talent.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Blowe said:
thats because apparently you hardly think
I think all the time.

I think you're talking out of your bumhole if you're suggesting that the reason there aren't many women comedians out there is due to society preventing them getting there.

·
Banned
14,727 Posts

adee-gee said:
what about Karen on Will and Grace, Phoebe on Friends, Roseanne and Darlene on Roseanne, 2/3 of the cast on Absolutely Fabulous, Murphy Brown, Alley McBeal, Golden Girls, Designing Women, Sex and the city, Bewitched, I Dream of Genie, and the list goes on and on

·
Banned
14,727 Posts

adee-gee said:
I think all the time.

I think you're talking out of your bumhole if you're suggesting that the reason there aren't many women comedians out there is due to society preventing them getting there.
you're the one thats declaring yourself as a sexist and a bigot, not I

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Angle Queen said:
There are a lot more famous men at [insert any profession here] than women. Period. Women just haven't gotten the opportunities men have over the years. I think the gap is closing, but there's a lot of history to be made up for.
Currently there is nothing stopping women getting into any profession. The only reason why there might be more males in certain professions is that some women choose not to work

Angle Queen said:
Don't you mean...are the butt of most jokes (even when told by men)? ;) I think both you and Fonzie hit on some of it...humor is an 'accepted' way to deal with difficult situations...and y'all are just dumber than us and there's gotta be a reason for us to keep you around. j/k ;)
Women comedians attempt to use men during most of their jokes, but they're simply not as funny as women jokes.

Angle Queen said:
Not nearly as many as I can men...but here again, I believe that's mostly from lack of exposure rather than lack of talent
I disagree, I genuinely don't think there is anything stopping them. Even the majority of the ones that have got the exposure aren't particularly funny in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 441 Posts