Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Le Gosier Ch R2: Benoit Paire d. Jan Hernych 4-6 6-2 7-6(9)

Hernych had a mp in the tb. Hernych was really mad at something that happened in the tb. He may have thought his shot at mp was in. It was on the opposite side of the umpire. He and Paire were still talking about it well after the math was over.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I guess an Endless Loop is coming soon.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Disgraceful call from a forehand by Hernych at 6-4 (MP) in the tiebreak he was shouting at the umpire and kicking the chair at one point, he then had another MP one serve directly after which he lost. The match was hilariously weird, some amazing points and some utter muggery but Hernych was robbed.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I recommend @quadruplebagel's timeline for a sense of the drama.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Disgraceful call from a forehand by Hernych at 6-4 (MP) in the tiebreak he was shouting at the umpire and kicking the chair at one point, he then had another MP one serve directly after which he lost. The match was hilariously weird, some amazing points and some utter muggery but Hernych was robbed.

Really he was mad for nothing , his shot really looks out http://new.livestream.com/ATP/legosier2015centrecourt/videos/82579292 at 2.38.05 judge by yourself for me it is out !

Paire played like a goat on Mp , he save 2 i guess , but was choking 6* 5 30 * 15

Mug match but some awesome point and high drama

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Looked into me at first glance but I will see again soon. Saying there was another questionable call on one of Hernychs serves that was unreturned later in the tiebreak that looked out.. So maybe things even themselves up

Hernych only has himself to blame anyway he still had a MP on serve after that,

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Looked into me at first glance but I will see again soon. Saying there was another questionable call on one of Hernychs serves that was unreturned later in the tiebreak that looked out.. So maybe things even themselves up

Hernych only has himself to blame anyway he still had a MP on serve after that,
If he had already won the match, how does he have only himself to blame??

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
It's hard to tell with that ball on Hernych's 1st MP. At the time, I thought it might have been in, but looking now, it seems wide and Paire immediately carries on with the match as though it was obvious to him it was out.

Either way, Ben came back from a break down in the 3rd set, didn't lose focus during the power cut break late in the 3rd set, & saved 3 MP's to win this match. :yeah:

Hernych was kicking the umpire's chair and shouting on that disputed MP, but at the end refused to shake Ben's hand and shook with the umpire instead. :confused:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
No. It's clear Paire's reacting as thought he had just lost the match for .2 seconds before hearing the call of "out". If that isn't proof, I don't know what is...

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
It's hard to tell with that ball on Hernych's 1st MP. At the time, I thought it might have been in, but looking now, it seems wide and Paire immediately carries on with the match as though it was obvious to him it was out.

Either way, Ben came back from a break down in the 3rd set, didn't lose focus during the power cut break late in the 3rd set, & saved 3 MP's to win this match. :yeah:

Hernych was kicking the umpire's chair and shouting on that disputed MP, but at the end refused to shake Ben's hand and shook with the umpire instead. :confused:
Paire actually got broken at 6-5 playing some absolutely stupid shots with a double fault thrown in but still.. Paire is a joke now anyway - he plays too casual and doesn't care enough.

Also re^ yeah maybe he should already have won the match but if you have another MP on your own serve directly after, if you go on to lose that especially the way Hernych lost it playing a mad drop shot then you are to blame for your own downfall.

·
Registered
59,339 Posts
No. It's clear Paire's reacting as thought he had just lost the match for .2 seconds before hearing the call of "out". If that isn't proof, I don't know what is...
Yeah, I don't know how you don't see that, it's pretty clear. Ball was good for sure. Hometown call, no excuse for not overruling.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Well I'm not saying it's clear from the footage that the ball was in (it's too blurry in my opinion), but I'm saying it's without any doubt clear that Paire at first reacts as though he'd lost the match, twitching towards the umpire's chair and unyielding his arms.

·
Registered
19,315 Posts
No handshake, racquet smashing and heated discussions.
What happened? Only saw last few points.
Actually he shook hands with both Paire and the umpire

And his forehand at 6-4 looked in to me

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
No, I don't see that at all. He watches the ball first to see where it goes, then lifts his racket straight away to hit the ball back for the opponents serve. He wouldn't lift his racquet that way if he thought he had lost the match. But I guess, like the linesman and umpire, we all see different things. I didn't see a handshake from Hernych to Ben either. Hernych seemed to go straight to the umpire.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts